cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Home phone App for IOS

BigBen121
Advocate

I have been using the Telus Home Phone App for sometime and really like it. However when I logged on yesterday I got a message that the app will be discontinued April 1st with a link that did not work. I can't seem to find anything about this on the telus site. Does anyone have any information about the discontinuation of this app and what if anything will be offered to replace it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BigBen121 @yvrwindsor 

I have received an official statement from the TELUS Home Phone App team...

"The Home Phone App has been discontinued due to the lack of customer engagement".

...Now that I look at the number of downloads, and reviews, I can see why they are forced to let this app go.

What do we do now?

• I will continue to use this app until the day it will not open anymore.

• It appears the app is working on some phones while not others. After looking deeper, I noticed the app does not work on older phones which have stopped receiving software updates, and are therefor incompatible with the app. 

• When the app stops working, I will proceed to phase two looking for a close alternative which seems to be Call Forwarding. Luckily there is many different options to choose when call forwarding which makes it quite useful, however I still loose the ability of making outbound calls on my cell, with my home phone displaying as my Caller ID. Regardless, the Call Forwarding feature will replace most of the features in the app. 

• If you would like to learn more about Call Forwarding, and how to configure it exactly to your preferences Click Here.

• WARNING: Make sure to check if you have a Call Forwarding Feature on your Home Phone plan. Some are limited to only 3,000 minutes, and if you go over, you are charged PPU (pay-per-use) which adds up quickly. You would also want to ensure your cellphone plan includes unlimited incoming calls, and if you have local calling only, be sure to upgrade to Canada-wide to protect from accidental Long Distance Charges. 

I hope this helps 🙂 ...if it did, please let me know by clicking the little ❤️ Like button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

yvrwindsor
Neighbour

Does anyone have a status on this?

I just sent a message to the Home Phone App team to get to the bottom of this for both of you.

I tested the app today on my phone, and it's working great. I have yet to receive any notification that it will be discontinued.

I also found the app in the Google Play Store, and it has recent reviews in April and it appears to be working for others.

Here are the links to download the app:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.hp2go

Apple: I can't seem to find this link (perhaps discontinued only for Apple)

Regardless, I will update you with a more definitive answer shortly.

Thanks BrandonT - I looked at it this morning on my IPhone and you are quite correct. It is working nicely.

Thanks for the heads up!

@BigBen121 @yvrwindsor 

I have received an official statement from the TELUS Home Phone App team...

"The Home Phone App has been discontinued due to the lack of customer engagement".

...Now that I look at the number of downloads, and reviews, I can see why they are forced to let this app go.

What do we do now?

• I will continue to use this app until the day it will not open anymore.

• It appears the app is working on some phones while not others. After looking deeper, I noticed the app does not work on older phones which have stopped receiving software updates, and are therefor incompatible with the app. 

• When the app stops working, I will proceed to phase two looking for a close alternative which seems to be Call Forwarding. Luckily there is many different options to choose when call forwarding which makes it quite useful, however I still loose the ability of making outbound calls on my cell, with my home phone displaying as my Caller ID. Regardless, the Call Forwarding feature will replace most of the features in the app. 

• If you would like to learn more about Call Forwarding, and how to configure it exactly to your preferences Click Here.

• WARNING: Make sure to check if you have a Call Forwarding Feature on your Home Phone plan. Some are limited to only 3,000 minutes, and if you go over, you are charged PPU (pay-per-use) which adds up quickly. You would also want to ensure your cellphone plan includes unlimited incoming calls, and if you have local calling only, be sure to upgrade to Canada-wide to protect from accidental Long Distance Charges. 

I hope this helps 🙂 ...if it did, please let me know by clicking the little ❤️ Like button.