cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shareable Data, Plan vs App

Erin17
Neighbour
I just got a new plan and it's 10mb of shareable data, but when I go on the app or check data usage it shows that I only have 5. Anyone else with this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Erin17 

Without looking at your account I cant definitively determine the reason why you are seeing incorrect data in your self serve account.

However, you had mentioned you recently got a new plan with 10mb shareable data. I believe you meant to say 10GB (common mistake). If it is in fact 10GB, you likely are on the new Simple Share 10GB plan, and changed the plan in the middle of your billing cycle resulting in only receiving 50% (5GB) of your new data.

Changing your plan in the middle of your billing cycle / proration / partial billing

If your billing cycle is on the 30th and on the 15th you changed your plan to one that $80/month with 10GB data, you will notice you will have an available 5GB with the new plan. This is because your new plan will only be used for half the cycle, and therefor you only get half the data, and pay half of the $80 for the new plan. Once your billing cycle is complete, and your on your next cycle, you should notice your data now shows as the full amount.

• Learn more about your first bill with TELUS / partial billing when changing your rate plan by Clicking Here

Worried about running out of data?
You can always purchase a Data Top-Up to carry you through the remaining of your cycle. This option is far cheaper than paying the Pay Per Use (PPU) overage charges. You can add top-ups using the app, online account, replying "Top A", "Top B", "Top C" to a text message from TELUS when you are getting close to your limit, or calling *611 and using the virtual agent to add a data add-on.
NOTE: Agents over the phone or live chat do not have the ability to add top-ups.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Was your previous plan one with 5GB? Possibly, the change hasn’t filtered through yet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

No, it wasn't, thats why I'm confused.

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Erin17 

Without looking at your account I cant definitively determine the reason why you are seeing incorrect data in your self serve account.

However, you had mentioned you recently got a new plan with 10mb shareable data. I believe you meant to say 10GB (common mistake). If it is in fact 10GB, you likely are on the new Simple Share 10GB plan, and changed the plan in the middle of your billing cycle resulting in only receiving 50% (5GB) of your new data.

Changing your plan in the middle of your billing cycle / proration / partial billing

If your billing cycle is on the 30th and on the 15th you changed your plan to one that $80/month with 10GB data, you will notice you will have an available 5GB with the new plan. This is because your new plan will only be used for half the cycle, and therefor you only get half the data, and pay half of the $80 for the new plan. Once your billing cycle is complete, and your on your next cycle, you should notice your data now shows as the full amount.

• Learn more about your first bill with TELUS / partial billing when changing your rate plan by Clicking Here

Worried about running out of data?
You can always purchase a Data Top-Up to carry you through the remaining of your cycle. This option is far cheaper than paying the Pay Per Use (PPU) overage charges. You can add top-ups using the app, online account, replying "Top A", "Top B", "Top C" to a text message from TELUS when you are getting close to your limit, or calling *611 and using the virtual agent to add a data add-on.
NOTE: Agents over the phone or live chat do not have the ability to add top-ups.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].