cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting deactivated phone number no longer in service

Mmmhotdog
Neighbour
I have a problem with my old phone number being 2FA linked to many of my accounts like MyCRA and iCloud

I had the number with Fido, switched to Koodo and ported it then. A few months ago I changed my old phone number to a new one. Now a couple weeks ago I lost my old phone and when I went got my new one I switched to Telus for a plan and had my new number ported to them. When I went to re log in to all of my accounts on the new phone, I found out I can’t access anyone of them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eventually koodo will return  the Fido phone number that you replaced with a koodo number to Fido. I'm not sure long koodo will hold the number before returning it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to go through some other process to address the 2FA issue, as the old number can not be retrieved, and may already be assigned to someone else.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

When I call the phone number it says “6UT1 the number you have have reached is not in service”

@Mmmhotdog  That's because the number is deactivated they will free it up 6 months to a year from now.

Would it go back to Fido? Thanks

@Mmmhotdog  The number is no longer available. You will have to redo your accounts to the new number you have.

Eventually koodo will return  the Fido phone number that you replaced with a koodo number to Fido. I'm not sure long koodo will hold the number before returning it.