Just bought a phone and plan online

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hey just wondering why I was never asked what number I want? Will this come when the phone is shipped?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, your phone will come with a number assigned. You can change it in 'My Account', but you only get to select from a short list of options; you don't get to choose from a wide variety, nor select a special number.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, your phone will come with a number assigned. You can change it in 'My Account', but you only get to select from a short list of options; you don't get to choose from a wide variety, nor select a special number.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident

Thank you

Rockstar

If you don't like the number you're given, or the few choices on the drop menu, you might be able to call a Telus store or go in and have them choose from better numbers for you, but it will cost you, if the service is still available. This is what I did four years ago and got the best number.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/optional-service-fees

That info is from November 2017, I'm assuming it's still accurate, but with Telus, you never know. Cat LOL It's always worth a call.