I topped up my pay per use account, will they reinstate the expired balance?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

In the past, they would reinstate the expired balance immediately.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The wording on the website and other documentation I have seen indicates that your pre-paid balance rolls over if you top up by or before the expiry date. Sooooo..., no guarantees that the past practice you have experienced would continue.

I chose the automatic top up to prevent this issue occurring.

As a community of customers, we have no insight into Telus' operations, plans, or practices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

I work at a Telus dealer and get to see these situations all the time. Usually if you top up within 5 days of the expiry  date your balance will be restored. That being said, after the balance expiry date Telus has no obligation to restore that credit.

Highlighted
Connector

I topped up the account yesterday, just a few hours after the balance had expired. I just hope the system has yet to reinstate the remaining balance.

When I was checking my prepaid account, there is now a message as follows:

Notification

Your balance of $$$ has expired. Top-up your account by February 28, 2016 to have your expired balance automatically restored.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@maldini

Thanks for sharing what you learned. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"