cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the support from human?

romio
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

I've tried to call *611 multiple times but always hear only robots, when it is time to redirect to real human I hear welcome record again and call hangs! This is so frustrating!

I have a problem with my prepaid account and want to hear from support, there are no option in automatic menu or app to resolve it.

I would even go to store despite COVID stuff to get it fixed but I can't find any open one. Website store locator is useless, I can't filter by open stores or cities.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm not sure which page you ended up on. The Chat link is available in various places, try this one:

1. Make sure you select your province in the upper right corner of any web page on this site.
  2. Go to the My TELUS link that's at the top of every page.
  3. It should take you to a log on page.
  4. At the bottom right of that page is the icon for Chat. It will look like the image below.

Chat.PNG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

xray
Hero

Try using online Chat. When the bot asks you for info type "I need to spead to a person".

romio
Friendly Neighbour

Are you sure it is an option? It says Quebeck Home Services Only and Chat with us (in French only) 

Or are you referring to some other chat? Could you please share the link? I don't speak French unfortunately.

I'm not sure which page you ended up on. The Chat link is available in various places, try this one:

1. Make sure you select your province in the upper right corner of any web page on this site.
  2. Go to the My TELUS link that's at the top of every page.
  3. It should take you to a log on page.
  4. At the bottom right of that page is the icon for Chat. It will look like the image below.

Chat.PNG

romio
Friendly Neighbour

Ah, now I got it! Thank you!

However, they still can't provide me support:

Due to the unprecedented events related to COVID-19, we are operating with a limited team and are unable to connect you to a live agent at this time.

Bad times to have a problem.

Try again tomorrow. It may be the time of day as well. Chat isn't available 24/7.

romio
Friendly Neighbour

Tried multiple times during this three days at different times, call and chat, no luck. Either phone bot hangs or chat bot says no agent to support me.

I'll switch provider ASAP. I need to make calls and use data.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is the issue you are having?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

romio
Friendly Neighbour

Month ago I bought prepaid plan 55 in the store. It had promo 2 GB data and unlimited calls. The seller told me that promo will last as soon as I keep topping up my balance every month. And month later I've got downgraded to 1 GB data and 500 minutes despite I had funds on my account and it successfully charged me 55 CAD. Therefore, I would like to know why did it happen and get my promised plan back.

EccoW
Just Moved In

it will answer, there is no agent available during this period........

Ending up to find help from here again like me. = (

I agree with the difficulty in Contacting Telus.  I get we are in a "new normal" (man I hate that term) and life has changed, but cmon Telus, don't sent me an email telling me what YOU are doing to keep your people safe with a PSA, then at the end of it put a link to contact you, only to have that link say...Oh we're too busy to take your call.

So effectively there is NO way to get in Contact with Telus.  I tried calling last week, went through 5 prompts only to get a busy signal then disconnected.  I too tried the "Chat" feature only to have the virtual assistant tell me that cancelling voicemail has to be done by an agent, OF WHICH THERE ARE NONE.  Just awful Service.  And the Sad part, No way to convey my disappointment to them, except thru forums.

There needs to be an uprising of dissatisfied customers of every company, not just Telus, to let them know customer service is still important.