Hello, hope someone can help. How do I unlock my phone? Thanks in advance

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Hi there, Craig here, and new to the board. Just wondering, how do I unlock my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

what's your phone Brand and model?

You can unlock your phone from Network lock using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.If you have a old model mobile then visit here you need to specify your phone model, country, IMEI number of your phone, Network provider to which it is locked. Then they generate unlock code for your mobile at free of cost.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Neighbour

Hello Craig,

Telus would unlock your phone after your device has been active on your post-paid account for at least 90 days. They charge $35 and your account has to be in good standing on payments etc.  Phones on pre-paid accounts aren’t eligible for unlocking.

Hope this helps..

Highlighted
Connector

This should change when December comes along, when the new CRTC code takes effect.  Phones that are purchased with unsubsidized pricing must be unlocked immediately upon request and payment of unlocking fee.

Highlighted
Resident

I purchased a prepaid phone from Telus 2 months ago. When the new CRTC code takes effect in Dec, will Telus unlock the prepaid phone? 

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

This is a pretty good point. At this point nothing is sealed in concrete. The best thing is to wait and see what will happen.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

what's your phone Brand and model?

You can unlock your phone from Network lock using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.If you have a old model mobile then visit here you need to specify your phone model, country, IMEI number of your phone, Network provider to which it is locked. Then they generate unlock code for your mobile at free of cost.

View solution in original post