cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra step for caller to avoid spam calls

Fisherguy
Ambassador

I phoned a guy the other day, before his cell started ringing I was instructed to push a number to connect.  I guess this is to avoid receiving automated  SPAM calls which seems to be happening a LOT more lately.

This guy says his is a Telus account, is this something new, what's it called, is it free?  (Should be IMO)
I'd like to get this for our phones.
Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Log into your MyTelus account, select mobility. Select plans and devices choose your cell phone number. Click on call control, enable the call control slider. From there you can add a safe list of numbers that won't have a challenge and rings normally. You can then log in anytime to block, accept calls to the list in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Log into your MyTelus account, select mobility. Select plans and devices choose your cell phone number. Click on call control, enable the call control slider. From there you can add a safe list of numbers that won't have a challenge and rings normally. You can then log in anytime to block, accept calls to the list in the future.

Fisherguy
Ambassador

That's great, thank guys.  👍
Tired of these spam calls.

Fisherguy
Ambassador

Must be a glitch, enabled it for both our phones, got the   "Call Control is currently being added to your account. Please check back later."   but today got more spam calls, just tried adding it again.

Had to call in to have it added, got through right away (surprisingly)

I turned on Call Control for our land line and 4 mobile phone in hour household last year. Haven't had a single robo caller since.

C_Fun
Community Manager
Community Manager