cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy 5G and LTE in Edmonton

ritesh
Neighbour

I have been having really bad data and phone services by TELUS in Edmonton. Downtown and southside. I have tried to explain this several times but nothing. I am posting a link to the screen recording I have captured showing how the 5G experience is for me. I am really tired of this bad service when I am paying full price for a 5G experience

https://twitter.com/riteshdhotkar/status/1542687765149536261?s=20&t=eo7y1TBkYPE962LQ_9PQKQ

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you actually contact tech support directly in the 12 days since you made the tweet? You should contact tech support by phone rather than twitter for issues like this.

The problems with your Twitter post and the one here is that there is a lot of missing information. 'Downtown' and 'southside' cover a massive amount of area.

• The video doesn't even show that your phone is on the Telus network since you cut off the top of the screen. 
  • Doesn't show if you're on 5G or LTE or even wifi.
  • Doesn't indicate where you were having issues or how closer you were to a tower. (Cell tower map)
  • Doesn't indicate if you were indoors, outdoors, in an underground LRT station, or way up in a tower downtown. 

Unless support has more details, there won't be much that can be done. 5G also has very limited range compared to LTE and if indoors, 5G will be hit or miss as walls can interfere with that signal much easier.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I'm glad you responded. You guys are going to get all the details of my journey on the worst data network I have experienced. Stay tuned. And follow the tweet.

Regards,
Ritesh

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I haven't had any issues with LTE or 5G anywhere in Edmonton lately, including downtown and even Sherwood Park.

"you guys"? You do realize that the vast majority of users on the forums here are just Telus customers, right? Myself included. Why follow the tweet? It's just some cropped 12 day old video that has no usable or verifyable data in it. You just complaining on twitter, without actually having called tech support and actually explaining the problems and having them look into them, just raises more questions. There's also the possibility of user error and issues with the phone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It's great you are helping out. I didn't realize. I better talk to ccts on this. I'm beyond frustrated with Telus and it's not your fault. Good luck spending time on this forum. Are you compensated by telus or you want to just help out?

You guys are going to get all the details of my journey on the worst data network I have experienced. Stay tuned. And follow the tweet.

Not a happy consumer...

Shantel
Neighbour

I agree this 5G doesnt work worst service ever like we are paying for service that is not even usable 

_tfunny
Just Moved In
You aren’t crazy, literally googled why the data in edmonton is so bad. Your post popped up! So frustrating