cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for call forwarding in Long Distance call

xfishie
Neighbour

Wondering what's the charge of both receiver and call forward receiver

- the call receiver at local area calling zone forward a LD call to another local area calling zone prepaid number

- the call receiver outside local area calling zone forward a LD call to another local area calling zone prepaid number

Whats the price difference between adding Call forward to a plan compare to pay-per-use ?

i had read thru page https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/call-forward-mobile, not sure does it charge the side receiving forwarded LD call?

Appreciate for any help, thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xfishie wrote:

Wondering what's the charge of both receiver and call forward receiver

- the call receiver at local area calling zone forward a LD call to another local area calling zone prepaid number

- the call receiver outside local area calling zone forward a LD call to another local area calling zone prepaid number

Whats the price difference between adding Call forward to a plan compare to pay-per-use ?

i had read thru page https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/call-forward-mobile, not sure does it charge the side receiving forwarded LD call?

Appreciate for any help, thanks!

The phone receiving the forwarded LD call would pay the usual rate. If they are in their local calling area, it is treated as local call. If they have travelled outside their local calling area they would pay the rate between their local calling area and their current location. The phone forwarding the call pays all other costs: and LD charges for being outside their local calling area (if applicable) plus pay per use rates for the forwarding. A package will save a considerable amount if more than a few minutes are forwarded.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for clarifying the charges.

How much is it to add Call Forward to a $85 BYOD 2.5GB plan? The Telus dealer believe this plan (or all the rate plan) already included Call Forwarding, but after I log in to My Account there's nothing mention about that.

And how much does it costs for pay-per-use? Thanks for your help again.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is nothing about call forwarding in the pages describing plans on the website, either, so i do not expect it is included in your rate plan.

Minutes are typically $0.50 + $0.50 if Long Distance.  For carriers who have plans explained on their website, the savings of the plan are considerable. I suggest a call or chat to a Telus agent to find out for certain, or possibly @Mobility_Princess will stop by in the next while & share her knowledge on the topic.

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC is right again! Call forward is not included in that plan. It is $5 monthly for the North America Call forwarding feature or .50 per minute if you do not have a feature. The $5 feature does not give you unlimited call forwarding either. It gives you 3,000 minutes. Incoming calls deplete the bucket of 3,000 minutes but outgoing calls do not affect it. Long Distance charges apply if the number you are forwarding to is outside the local calling area even if your normal plan has unlimited long distance. The whole long distance situation pretty much went out the door once the North America $5 feature came. The long distance situation is only applicable to customers using the old $3 feature which does not include long distance or are paying pay per use rates. So if you are forwarding to a long distance number and don't have that feature you will get double dinged at .50 a min for call forwarding and .50 a min for long distance. 

Mobility Client Care Rep

Huge thanks for the help Mobility_Princess and NFtoBC! Clearly explained! 

I'll go for the $5 add on then - too good to miss. 

Do I have to call Telus to apply this to the plan - as I couldn't find anywhere to do it online. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I expect a call or Chat will be required. Try first thing in the morning for shortest wait times.

NFtoBC

Apparently you do have to call in or chat in. I just tried the app and desktop site and it's not on either! I'll let the makers of both know so they can add it! Good job catching this guys!

Mobility Client Care Rep