cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Service in USA with Prepaid

shazam
Neighbour

Hello, I am on the Prepaid Nationwide Talk & Text 15, and will be travelling to the USA. Will I still be able to receive incoming texts? I do not need calling or data. Will my phone receive any cellular service at all?

I am getting mixed feedback from Telus Customer Service, one agent said it will work and another said it will not. Has anyone been to the USA on a prepaid plan and continued to have network connection? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I’m on Telus prepaid and it doesn’t work in the US.  When I was in the Los Angeles, I just bought a T-Mobile sim and used it with no problems.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It has been quite a while, but my recollection was that Telus prepaid does not work in the USA.

If this is important for you, you could look at Koodo as an option, as they do offer Boosters which include US roaming.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I’m on Telus prepaid and it doesn’t work in the US.  When I was in the Los Angeles, I just bought a T-Mobile sim and used it with no problems.  

Thank you!

Thank you! Yes, I will now have to look into Koodo as I want to keep my number but the cheapest Postpaid plan with Telus for $30/month is a little too much.