cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send texts

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

It started about a week ago my texts say "Sent" but the receiver was not receiving them. I can get texts from that person always but they are not seeing my text messages. I went through all my blocked contacts, settings and followed the Telus guide, I've cleared cache and even deleted and added back to my contacts. I'm using Android Go Edition on a prepaid cell.

Can anyone help or is this a network problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's possible the an update to Google Messages messed things up. Try uninstalling Google Messages and reinstalling it. You may only be able to uninstall the updates rather than uninstalling the app itself.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Maybe your recipient has blocked you!

Can other people receive texts from you?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

Well, that's what I thought, but I looked at the receiver's cell while text troubleshooting and I didn't see a blocked list option on the phone. It's an LG flip phone the receiver has. I can call the receiver without a problem so I'm unsure. If the receiver blocked my number I wouldn't be able to call right?

I can only try to see if the flip phone the receiver has is blocking my incoming calls in their settings.

If you have any other suggestions let me know, I will try to see if that's what is going on, but doubtful ... Because the receiver receives my calls.

Can the other person get SMS messages from anyone else?

Can you send SMS messages to anyone else?

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

It seems no one is receiving any texts, even though I have an Android I only downloaded verified apps and I have Norton + Norton VPN on day one. So my cell is secured. I'm lost why it's saying "Sent" if it's not sending to the receiver.

If anyone has suggestions on what can block my texts I'm open to any ideas. 

You will need to provide more information if you want any meaningful help.

Was it working previously?

What model phone do you have?

Are you using the Google Messages app or some other app?

Are you trying to send just text SMS or are you trying to send pictures/video over MMS?

Can you make regular phone calls out?

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

1. It was working fine before

2. LG K120 w/Andriod Go Edition

3. I'm using the default SMS app that came with the cell

4. I'm trying to send SMS texts

5. Yes, I can make phone calls to anyone (both call in and call out.)

It's possible the an update to Google Messages messed things up. Try uninstalling Google Messages and reinstalling it. You may only be able to uninstall the updates rather than uninstalling the app itself.

Brylee
Friendly Neighbour

I fixed it now, the problem was I only deleted text messages, not the saved contact. What I had to do is Delete ALL contacts - Readd ALL contacts - Texts need to be deleted before or after. Then it shows "Delivered" instead of just "Sent" and now everyone gets my texts.

This is a huge bug for SMS text messages! -.-

Go into Help and Feedback on the Messages menu and report the issue to Google.