cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fee

kenkcng
Just Moved In
I subscribed a 5G service on a BYOD plan. Do you charge service cancellation fee if I port the number to another provider?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Syaoran
All-Star
There isn't a cancelation fee unless you are in some sort of term agreement, lease, or finance. If your bill is monthly though. Your last bill will still receive charges for the whole month of service and not just the days you used, so it's wise to port out 5 days before your bill is generated, which is about 2 days before it posts to your account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Syaoran
All-Star
There isn't a cancelation fee unless you are in some sort of term agreement, lease, or finance. If your bill is monthly though. Your last bill will still receive charges for the whole month of service and not just the days you used, so it's wise to port out 5 days before your bill is generated, which is about 2 days before it posts to your account.

Getting charged $863 to cancel my plan! Moving and have no use for the service. Shocked! Disappointed and frustrated!

luna3
Just Moved In

What if I cancelled after I received the bill? I tried to port my number to another service, so I freed my number from TELUS and my TELUS account got subsequently deleted. However, I got a notification the next day saying I still had fees to pay, but I can't log into my account! How do I resolve this?

Hey Luna3 - I would recommend speaking with our customer service team at that point and they can do a bill review with you and also credit any wrong charges