cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Play Store with New Gsuite email "No results found"

Lkyn2020
Just Moved In

Our email has been converted to Gsuite which gives us a Google account. We can view the properties of this account on Google.

We cannot open Play Store to download new apps "No results found". We can't search or look for Apps. The existing Apps are being update automatically.

I suspect something is not set up at Google to allow us access to Play Store with our Google account type.

• Apps
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although run on Google’s  servers, your Telus.net email account is not a gmail account. Many corporations are using G-Suite for their communications, they appear to employees and users as the corporate email system.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suspect you need an actual @gmail.com address to use these features. I have yet to be converted so I cannot confirm this.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although run on Google’s  servers, your Telus.net email account is not a gmail account. Many corporations are using G-Suite for their communications, they appear to employees and users as the corporate email system.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I found a solution on another site.
The problem is that your email account is not a Google (gmail) account as stated in other replies.
The solution is to have TWO accounts, but the FIRST account must be a gmail account.  (It would be nice if there was a Settings option to do this but alas there is not).  Annoying.
Do the following:
1. Delete your [email protected] account and any others you have.
2. Add the FIRST account as [email protected] (define one if you don't have one already)

3. Add your [email protected] account
You'll find your emails are still under telus but you can now access the Google Play Store because the first (default) account is a Google (gmail) one. You can use your [email protected] as well for email if you wish but that might be confusing.  Up to you.

alextaylor
Just Moved In
Just spent an hour helping my Mom troubleshoot this on her new phone. Telus needs to make it way more clear that their Gsuite accounts are not full Google accounts, because it's incredibly frustrating and confusing.

@alextaylor  I had to get a regular gmail address to get utube. You likely have to do he same for any google stuff.

dicknewson
Just Moved In

I found a solution on another site.
The problem is that your email account is not a Google (gmail) account as stated in other replies.
The solution is to have TWO accounts, but the FIRST account must be a gmail account.  (It would be nice if there was a Settings option to do this but alas there is not).  Annoying.
Do the following:
1. Delete your [email protected] account and any others you have.
2. Add the FIRST account as [email protected] (define one if you don't have one already)

3. Add your [email protected] account
You'll find your emails are still under telus but you can now access the Google Play Store because the first (default) account is a Google (gmail) one. You can use your [email protected] as well for email if you wish but that might be confusing.  Up to you.