Better mobility plans?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

So anyone know if Telus will ever offer better plans? Koodo just released some killer plans that Telus Loyalty/Retention can't even match (closest I got them was $15/mo over Koodo...) Telus doesn't even offer nationwide minutes by default either yet charges more for local minutes... I own my own phone also.

Koodo has unlimited nationwide minutes and 1GB for $45/mo right now... so tempted to switch...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I agree Telus plans suck. Can't forget the pitiful data plans for a rip off price.

I laugh a small company in Manitoba MTS can offer unlimited data, yet Telus we pay like its gold. While costing them pennies a gb.

Those shareable data plans are dumb and offer zero value.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

In Manitoba and Saskatchewan, the big three have VERY competitive plans because of MTS / SaskTel charging far less for theirs. That's one reason my coworker from Manitoba still has her plan from there even though she lives in Alberta.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

TELUS has a plan for $40 bring your own phone and it gives unlimited Canada wide calling and texting and you can add data for $20 for 300mb hope you decide to stay with TELUS and enjoy the best service

Highlighted
Connector

$20 for 300mb of data, that is a rip off, $20 should get you 6gb of data in 2015

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Especially since if you're on LTE you could burn through 300MB very quickly.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Wind Mobile has some killer plans and i'd break my contract with Telus if they had service where I live; just outside of Calgary. I hope Telus sees this and starts to offer more competitive plans instead of hiking up the prices and treating data like it's made of platinum.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

No one considers Wind competition. Most Wind users complain of poor or dropped signals, especially if you are indoors even in the middle of their service area.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus has some pretty pathetic coverage areas too. Less than 12 blocks away from a tower they have it's like the twilight zone. Slow data, and weak cell signal go in a building an forget about the phone even working. I can't count the number of times even in an arena NO SIGNAL which is 8 blocks from the tower. Countless people have complained to no avail.

Telus suggest use the app to let them know about it. Ya that works great 4 years and still nothing has been done! 300MB data is a absolute JOKE for $20. Considering half the time LTE barely works around the city i live in not sure what we pay for.

I'll stick to wifi when i can. I even use my friends shaw wifi go account so when ever i travel i can sponge of it. Telus wifi hot spots again are like a twilight zone. Sure Shaw sucked for TV, rate increases and downright 90's internet speeds but shawgo was kind of handy.

I couldn't care less about unlimited local calling, or national. It's all about data now a days and telus knows this. Why they offer such pathetic overpriced plans. They seem to get worse every time they roll out some new scam promotion.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Telus owns koodo but If I was you I will try calling the loyalty department back to see what they can do or buy your phone out right and get the unlimited Canada wide calling and texting for $40 for bringing your own device hope this helps