Apple Watch Series 3

aelkadri
Neighbour

Why is there no support for business plans? Can anyone from TELUS comment? 

Denny1919
Connector

I guess they are keeping it a secret and don't want to reply.....

aelkadri
Neighbour
Wonderfull. Bought my LTE watch for no reason.
Highlighted
Denny1919
Connector

Yah I'm feeling the same way.....this sucks.....LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING BACK TO BELL......

Ralpmet
Resident
Does anyone have their watch set up with Telus and working properly? I’ve done all the updates, gone through the watch/phone process. Accepted the Telus terms and Telus says it’s activated. My watch doesn’t work at all if I’m away from my phone and now connected via Bluetooth?

Hi Ralpmet!

Our Apple Watch plans and capability launch tomorrow! Stay Tuned!

Ralpmet
Resident
Thanks Nicole, thought I may have been getting a little over anxious.
Groundprox
Resident

Hi Nicole-Natassha, will the plans and capability you mention include corporate plan customers? Please say it is so! Been waiting for this.  🤞🏼

Denny1919
Connector

So this is the only answer I could get from Telus support about activating our Apple Watch 3......

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 8.57.48 AM.png

nonzerosum
Resident

Hi Nicole-Natassha:

Thanks for your help!  I am anxiously awaiting the news for corporate accounts b/c xmas is coming!

I really wanted to get an Apple Watch series 3 for my wife's xmas gift only because of the LTE functionality (and we are on a corporate account only).

So before I spend more than a thousand dollars on her xmas gift that will never truly work for her - is anyone able to tell me if Apple Watch LTE for telus corporate is plainly just never going to happen?

aelkadri
Neighbour
I would also appreciate an answer...
Community Power User
Community Power User

I could see the possibility of it eventually being offered on small business accounts, but unlikely on larger corporate accounts.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
nonzerosum
Resident

We are a small business.

So, would you take the gamble and buy Watch now?

Community Power User
Community Power User

I enjoy my Series 1 Watch now, even without the cellular connectivity, but I'd not be holding my breath for an early inclusion of cellular connectivity for Watch in business plans. But that's simply a guess on my part.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Opatril1
Resident
Any response as to why double the price of Bell?? Not a happy customer!
smittywest
Resident

I was waiting on pricing from Telus and I must say I'm very disappointed!  l want the flexibility of not having to always having my phone with me for emergencies while running/cycling but considering the fact that it doesn't function overseas (I travel lots) and and I can easily take my phone with me cycling this makes this device too expensive to justify!  Bell's pricing is reasonable so I will be shopping them market for options as they become available...

Meowmix
Resident
Hey guys!

I too noticed the pricing difference between Bell and Telus. The one major difference for the $10 plan pricing is the 1GB data the give u. Bell let's u pay $5 just to use ur existing data and does not offer the extra 1GB for another $5. That's a good deal as its 1GB extra just incase u go over. Although I have the 12GB data promo plan it's great to have that extra 1gB.

Now as for the connection fee. For some reason telus feels the need to ask us to pay $10 more then bell to connect the watch. That's not fair. So after arguing with a rep over the phone. I spoke to a manager which in the ended waived the whole $20 connection fee for me since she seen how Bells pricing is lower.

Keep in mind as of now Telus is the only carrier that let's you finance the watch and pay monthy for it until it's been paid off. With Bell u need to pay the whole amount upfront.

In the end to each their own however if u feel like paying $5 more a month for a extra 1GB is a lot, then u can switch to Bell. Make sure u read reviews thought.