Apple Watch Plan for Corporate Accounts

Highlighted
technbio
Connector

Alleluia ..Apple watch activate and works..;-)

technbio
Connector

Everything is fine only problem but not Telus fault but apple my watch doesn't connect with bluetooth in my car...

Ronwatch
Connector
I didn’t even know you could hook up the Apple Watch to the car’s Bluetooth
technbio
Connector

No you cannot use it because apple watch could connect only to earphones ..i use it for rollerblade ..count hearth rate and track on map myrun app...now get the phone on my watch so no more need iphone..but i know batteryr drain fast with cellular connection on the watch we have to be careful on battery use i think...

Shuether
Connector

Well it looks like even though cellular devices are no longer allowed to be locked to a carrier in Canada, Telus is still playing a dirty game of not allowing devices purchased from other carriers on their network with the Apple Watch. I'm sure there will have some BS technical reason blaming Apple, but most will see that for what it is...

In any case, my Apple Watch "isn't eligible" because it was purchased from Bell originally(I bought it second hand from a friend who wasn't using it anymore). Any one know of a work around? 

Hi @Shuether we're aware about an issue affecting watches that were previously used with another carrier and we do have a workaround in place for that.  Can you please send me a private message so that I can gather some information from you and help you with that? 

CBrown85
Resident

Hi! 

I've had two separate conversations with Telus Business help on the phone and they've both told me that the issue was simple and was to be resolved within three business days. That was the beginning of last week. I'm usually on hold for an hour before speaking to someone, who then puts me on hold for another 15-20 minutes before telling me that they just need to update my IMEI number and that it's not a problem. 

My watch was purchased new at the Apple Store and has not been used with any other carrier. 

What are my options for getting help online?

Thanks!

Shuether
Connector

Awesome to hear @MelH!! I've sent you a message. 

cyberdeath
Connector

Finally got my Apple Watch up and running today, thanks to @DanR for his help and following up for me.  Process was admittedly very frustrating.

Question now about the data usage, I have the 1GB option on my watch.  Is this data separate from my phone plan's 6GB?  Thanks.

@cyberdeath I'm happy to have been able to help! And yes, the watch exists on a secondary "line" on your account, and it has its own 1GB of shareable data. Any data on your phone's plan is separate. 

cyberdeath
Connector

So....I decided to place a call from my watch yesterday and today noticed I had an extra charge for that phone call.  I called in and they told me they didn't know what was happening and asked me to call after I get my bill.  He said if they couldn't figure it out I would have to call in every month to get charges reversed Smiley Sad

@cyberdeath, that sounds odd, you shouldn't be charged extra for those calls. Were the current charges reversed, at least? Feel free to send me a PM once the bill comes in, and if there are any outstanding issues I'll be happy to assist. 

cyberdeath
Connector

They didn't reverse it when I called.  They asked me to call back when I receive my bill.

Shuether
Connector

Well it looks like my suspicions have been confirmed.

If you buy the Apple Watch from Bell, Telus will refuse to activate it on their network. Period.

They will give some technical reason and use words like ineligible but it doesn't take a genius to see through the misdirection. If you buy it from the Apple store and it is activated on the Bell network first then you change to Telus, they will be able to make it work with a work around, contact @telussupport on Twitter for help. At this point I'm going to wait for Series 4 to be released in the fall before I look into getting LTE setup again. 

Much appreciation and thanks to @MelH for trying to sort it out for me!! You rock!

technbio
Connector

Just wondering if i decided to put in sale my watch to get version 4 do i understand the the next owner have to be with telus to activate again the watch...

Shuether
Connector

Seems to depend where you bought it. It it was bought from Apple, it should be no issue with going to either carrier. I haven't been able to find out yet if Bell is picky about devices bought through Telus. 

Axn81
Resident

I bought mine in the USA and apple support confirms it should work with Telus. Telus tells me because it was not bought from them or Apple Canada they will not activate it. This makes no sense.

Shuether
Connector

Further to this saga, I got the watch(purchased from Bell) replaced under AppleCare+ and the replacement activated fine with Telus. So this is simply Telus playing dirty and blocking certain devices from being used on their network. Not that I expect any better, but you'd think a company would make it easy to give them money in anyway they can...

JFitz
Resident
I bought an Apple Watch LTE from a sport chek in Calgary, apparently TELUS can’t connect to because the IMI number is American.... I feel your pain.