cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice dealing with Telus mobility loyalty department

alibabakes5
Just Moved In

I'm really not happy with my service and plan. And the new phone I want is at both telus and Rogers. I only have 12 months left on my 3 year so I don't mind breaking contact.

But before I jump ship I was wondering if anyone had some advice when dealing with the loyalty department to negotiate a better rate?

Any particular kiosks or stores to look out for?

Before anyone says I can't go to wind or virgin or fido or koodo due to either work travel or the network speed restrictions and not to mention not having the phone I want. 😞

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you on a corporate or Employee purchase plan? All consumer plans have been maximum 2 years for quite some time now.

Loyalty departments have little to offer these days, because of device pricing, and your right to easily port your number. Best to watch for sales offers, as they are often better.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

I would recommend finding out the deal that you like better than your Telus one and then asking them to meet or beat that.

Be mindful of the differences between carriers.  What are the data allowances when in another country? Are they the same as home or are they limited?  If you make long distance calls, are they billed like "at home" or are they higher?  Does the carrier allow wifi calling outside of Canada?  The carriers are not all the same.  Of the "big three" I find Telus to be better than one and worse than the other...

Foonus
Ambassador

What happened to my post here that got censored /deleted last night with no message from a single moderator or warning?