cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answers

Terance
Friendly Neighbour
I am turning to the telus neighborhood after no luck talking with telus many times . Why do the limited unlimited plans have such **bleep** slow down speeds is this just a cash grab I have the best plan telus offers and never had such **bleep**ty service . 50g last only 15 days tops then I live like a cave man unable to connect with the world no videos no news no live stream just **bleep** **bleep** service . Telus employees have 0 answers or solutions they tell me no one ever complaint is this true ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The thottled speed after you burn through the high speed data is clearly advertised on all provider's websites. Consumers can then decide for themselves which plan fits their needs.

Most providers in Canada with Unlimited type plans throttle to 512kbps after the high speed data limit is hit. That includes Telus, Bell, and Rogers. SaskTel also has 512kbps as the lower speed for some of their lower tier plans but on their expensive ones, they do offer 2mbps. Shaw/Freedom throttles to a mere 256kbps. One trade off is that SaskTel is expensive for data compared to the others. You get much less data also. Telus has an $85 plan with 50GB of high speed data. Bell wants $90 for 50GB and Rogers wants $100. SaskTel's biggest plan is 30GB for $115 so you're definitely paying extra for the higher throttled speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Cellular plans are not meant to replace home internet. If you need more than 100 GB/month, possibly a home internet plan is in order.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Terance
Friendly Neighbour
Ehy are yelus slow down speeds so much slower than other providers? What a rip off . Some of us can't afford 200+ a month i canceled my home phone and internet z couple months ago because I can't afford then upgraded my cell plan to the best plan and its sucks bad . Sask tel slow down speeds are 4x faster . Why are telus slow down speeds so slow was my question ?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The thottled speed after you burn through the high speed data is clearly advertised on all provider's websites. Consumers can then decide for themselves which plan fits their needs.

Most providers in Canada with Unlimited type plans throttle to 512kbps after the high speed data limit is hit. That includes Telus, Bell, and Rogers. SaskTel also has 512kbps as the lower speed for some of their lower tier plans but on their expensive ones, they do offer 2mbps. Shaw/Freedom throttles to a mere 256kbps. One trade off is that SaskTel is expensive for data compared to the others. You get much less data also. Telus has an $85 plan with 50GB of high speed data. Bell wants $90 for 50GB and Rogers wants $100. SaskTel's biggest plan is 30GB for $115 so you're definitely paying extra for the higher throttled speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Terance
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for your reply that is what I'm paying at telus also . Sasktel does not do shared data they want me to have 2 plans for my 2 numbers I guess they all have good znd bad . None are great which sucks . I will probably tough out telus and get a cheap home internet plan it seems to be the only wY to get decent service unfortunately. Would be nice if 1 company would come out with a good plan sucks im forced to pay 2 internet bills but I'm sure that is the way our greedy governments like it . I hate my government thats why I ditched sask tel in the first place