cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of sudden Telus blacklisted my phone and cant recover it.

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

Telus Mobility without any reason blacklisted my phone. I made numerous attempts to contact Telus to make arrangements. Nonetheless, you blacklisted my IMEI as lost or stolen although I never reported it. They did not even care to warn me. Day after day but Telus Mobility does not care at all. They asked me to send them  copy of my passport and ID. StilI no response. I will complain to CRTC .

21 REPLIES 21

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It feels like there are a number of details missing from your post. I can't see any telecom company blacklisting a phone unless the subscriber / account holder contacted them to advise it was lost or stolen. They will want to ensure you are the owner of the device before reactivating it.

1. Did you buy the phone from Telus, or from a third party? If a third party, which one/website?
  2. Do you have cell service through Telus or another provider?
  3. Are you the named account holder for the account or is this like a family or business account and you're  just one user?
  4. How did you contact Telus originally?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

From Telus

Cell Service from Telus

I am a named account holder

Never report phone lost or stolen. 

Called Telus many times and spent time on futile convos.

The asked me to email copy of my passport, IDs to fraud department  after what they promised to remove IMEI from blacklist. I did email them all documents, called and left a message to fraud department a few days ago. No answer. It is absolutely ethically unprofessional way to treat customers. I have been with Telus for last 10 years. Now I feel deeply offended. The way Telus Mobility keeps ignoring me insults my intelligence resulting me paying mental price.

I would never suggest Telus to anybody of my colleagues and student.

Dr. Victor Samokhvalov

University of Alberta 

It is amazing how gently Telus Home treats its customers. They are all wonderful, professional and very supportive team. Telus Mobility in striking contrast, dont really care to solve the issues. They simply told me we dont know what else to do. Please keep waiting. Abysmal way to express how they treasure their customers.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Dr_Victor wrote:

It is amazing how gently Telus Home treats its customers. They are all wonderful, professional and very supportive team. Telus Mobility in striking contrast, dont really care to solve the issues. They simply told me we dont know what else to do. Please keep waiting. Abysmal way to express how they treasure their customers.

Once the fraud department becomes interested in a file, it becomes a black hole from which no information emanates. Ever. Calling and asking questions has no value, because the staff you can reach have absolutely no information, so they have nothing to share. The unfortunate thing is that you have so little information that even a complaint to the CCTS may fail due to lack of info. 

I wonder if someone who shares your name has caused difficulty, and you are the recipient of the dross.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

Then it becomes scary. Privacy is violated and we are being treated like puppets...

Dr. Victor Samokhvalov
< Removed personal information for privacy - mod >

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission, or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message.

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

I honestly dont think who would share my name. My mother?:). Well, if CCTS wont help, I share this  concern with my MP. He is a very helpful person and he pays particular attention to civil rights. Telus cannot blacklist an  unlocked phone   unless it was reported stolen or lost. I assure it was not reported. it is on the table in my bedroom. I dont understand why they asked me to email them copy of my passport and ID front and back. I have never been faced by similar situation in my entire life.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Dr_Victor wrote:

I honestly dont think who would share my name. My mother?:). 

By "share your name", I mean the other Victor Samokhvalov, be he real or fake.

I have never been faced by similar situation in my entire life.

And without doubt, it is distressing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

I am entirely sure there is only one Victor Samokhvalov in Canada. Seriously. Plus, Telus knows where I work and could contact the University. For Christs sake, open PubMed. Many publications under my name. Telus knows my home address. I am a member of LPC. They could contact police asking to confirm my identity.  They could call to the my building Office. I have always treated people with respect. I also prefer to be treated the same way. It is two ways road. Telus could easily make this situation solved in the delicate way. The only way is mutually respectful interaction. Yes, Telus pretty much insulted my intelligence. I have always been a very loyal customer over last 12 years. Finally , they convinced me to move mobile service from Rogers to Telus. Unfortunately, that is what I have received from them. Not a token of gratitude but rather a treatment that nobody deserved. If Telus Mobility reads it, I would like to emphasize- Treat your customers with respect. Communicate with them. Do your best to help. After all, "If Canada is to survive, it can only survive in mutual respect and in love for one another"- Pierre ...

It is sad that here in Canada we have basically only Rogers and Telus. The others are controlled by them. No wonder they can do all they want. Monopoly or duopoly will collapse Canadian economy one day. My situation is so insignificant but it reflects the changes we dont wanna have. All I want is respect. Telus could easily find the way to discuss all they wanted.  I feel deeply disrespected and I am entirely sure they wont even care. 

polecat
All-Star

DR VICTOR   I have the feeling  your identity has been stolen check all bank accounts - credit cards -   investment accounts  they could be ready to raise hell with your life. Polecat

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

Oh, I actually am scared now. However, I checked all my accounts, cards, etc. Everything looks normal. Thanks a lot for warning-it is greatly appreciated!

Have you put your SIM card in another phone to see if your SIM is still connected to your phone number? I ask because that's how hackers gain access to any accounts that send a code via SMS for two factor authentication. They convince the carrier they are you an switch the phone number to another SIM.

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

Yes, I did. The SIM card from Telus  does not work with any other phone. Telus phone is unlocked and I recently travel abroad where inserted SIM from another provider. Worked perfectly. Got back in Canada in  a few days IMEI of my Telus phone was blacklisted as reported stolen or lost. Telus SIM card again, does not work with any other phone. The only thing that Telusd told me that they must verify my identity and asked me to email them copy of my documents. And I called to Telus to understand what is going on. So, I sent the documents and silence. Telus Twitter answered me and said they will escalate the case within their fraud department. They refuse to tell me more detail. It became extremely  scary already...:(

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

How long was the Telus SIM card not in the phone?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Dr_Victor wrote:

The SIM card from Telus  does not work with any other phone. 

Yes it does, or it should. The TELUS SIM card should work on any unlocked phone or any other TELUS locked phone.

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

Around two months but I warned them that I would use local providers SIM cards to avoid rouming charges. They were fine about it. They disconnected me already here in Canada. Just receive a short email from them where they asked FOR MORE documents. I feel absolutely helpless. It looks like they keep playing with me and this will be "The NeverEnding Story". They literally made my life miserable. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I remember correctly, if a SIM card is taken out of a phone, it will expire after 45 days regardless of the cell plan. I've had it  happen before to me once before. All I needed was a new SIM card to be put on my account. I'm curious if the whole issue is just the expired SIM card and not that your phone was blacklisted. Maybe stop by a Telus store, like the City Centre one (not a kiosk) and see if they can swap your SIM card. They may be able to confirm if the phone was blacklisted or not.

Telus said they blacklisted IMEI of the phone as stolen or lost. Plus the placed a block on my account. Therefore, they inactivated SIM card plus blacklisted IMEI of the phone. Vicious futile circle. I have a feeling it will never end

polecat
All-Star

You have not being straight foreword  with information so people can help you. Roaming charges- different sims- disconnected in Canada. I would bet you ran up a huge bill you are trying to get out of. Polecat

Dr_Victor
Helpful Neighbour

No, I called them to arrange payments. It as very well documented. If I wanted to get out of paying my bills I wont call them, keep sending documents. I simply cannot pay anything as account is under reviewing by Fraud Department. All they said is this is caused by identity issues

Enter your EMEI on this web site to see if your phone is indeed black listed:
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/