cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party subsctiption options that Telus should fix

K_K
Helpful Neighbour

3 weeks ago i've got text message from pbm.cx saying that i subscribed to gaming service ( i did not ). I assumed its spam but just in case i called Telus ( 80 min wait for someone to answer ! ). I was told that there is no charge on the account and it should all be good. Today I've got my bill with 13.99 charge for service I did not subscribe to and Telus even that nice on one phone( after 60 min wait )  tells me they cannot block it or even refund the fee.

I am really upset that Telus does not have option to block premium messages and subscriptions .

They are partnering with questionable service providers like paybymobile . Website that does not even have phone number, contact info or any customer service.

I am getting billed by pbm.cx on my phone bill.  Service that I did not subscribe to or ever used , yet as they partnered with Telus they can bill me.

You guys better figure out how to stop this from happening or this will be a big issue. It's not my job to be trying to get my money back or verify every bill . I am paying over 200$ for my phone bill and its is unacceptable to have to deal with things like this.

Also asking customers for their pin number on the phone ? there should be secured way to enter it 😛

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @K_K 

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

TELUS only simplifies the billing process by allowing the purchases made by our customers with third-party vendors, to be charged on the TELUS bill.

Please check out this article for more information about third party billing: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Managing-Third-Party-Application-Purchases/ta-p/124426

For your scenario, you can contact PM Connect (pbm.cx)

They should also be able to provide more details about the purchase. If they were unable to assist you, please reach out to our support teams for further assistance:

Phone/Live chat: telus.com/contactus

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TELUSsupport?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/telus/

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

JBL
Friendly Neighbour
Let's do it

DavidT
Friendly Neighbour
This needs to become a class action law suit.

JBL
Friendly Neighbour

"This company is clearly sending text to a bunch of people and hoping they don’t reply"

On our phone they went straight into Spam and were never seen.   So something out there knows this is a scam.....why doesn't Telus?

JBL
Friendly Neighbour

Getting the same charges.  And this was on a business line of one of our employees who hates having a cell phone and hates soccer.  There is no way he would subscribe.  That said, it was only found by happenstance considering the lines on my 30 page cell phone bill.   Like you said, shouldn't have to scour like that because Telus should not be partnered (YES....apparently they are a partner:  PayByMobile Partners) with such companies.  When I looked at his phone, I found the text messages for this company all flagged and hidden as spam. 

Not impressed.  

Incredibly frustrating. I got a promise to remove $27 of the $42 in charges incurred with PBM, after spending 2+ hours on the phone with Telus, and another 20 on the phone with PBM, a company which I have had no interaction. I'm done with Telus. Moved over to another provider today. I only have 2 lines but spend $3K annually on them and had been with Telus since early 2000. They've sided with the scam artists rather than their customers. 

DavidT
Friendly Neighbour
I’m in the process of switching providers. Telus is slimy for allowing this to happen to its customers.

DavidT
Friendly Neighbour
Rogers wireless requires a double opt in!! Telus is a single opt out. I’m moving to Rogers.

Ty43
Just Moved In
Such a scam all ingot was a text saying thanks for signing up was even flagged by my phone as spam never signed up for anything and then getting the monthly charge it's bs that Telus let's a company just start charging customers for a subscription even if they haven't signed up I will be reporting to the anti fraud department with Canada government and sending screen shots of this thread as obviously Telus isn't protecting its customers from fraud and allowing it to happen

If you are able to do this, would you mind posting where/how as I'd like to do the same.
It's not the amount, it's the principle and lack of urgency by telus to do Anything about it.

Simply putting their hands in the air and doing nothing is not sufficient.
I don't blame tech service reps as their hands are tied.
I blame mgmt if they don't try.

Where is the telus representation in this thread...
DO SOMETHING

Thank-you Ty.
I just completed my complaint.
Well see what happens if anything

fatema
Just Moved In

I don't have any subscription on my phone but TELUS charge me twice for 34 $ .the bill shows its because of in app purchase but in didn't install any app or don't have any subscription for that. I don't want to pay this fake charges, so TELUS suspended my account . I am so dissatisfy about that. please solve this problem 

K_K
Helpful Neighbour

SCREEN.jpg

I suggest all affected customers do it as well. As customer I demand the option to block this service. Being able to signed up someones phone number without as much as sms verification is fraudulent.

Ammys
Just Moved In

It's a Scam and you will get charged every month. Telus will not help you out of this. The best way to rid of this is to go PBM.cx (under My Subscription followed by My Account) and cancel the subscription so you will not be charged on the next billing circle.

DavidT
Friendly Neighbour
I tried this. I still got billed the next month.

WWS
Just Moved In

How can Telus let this slide?????????????????????

WWS
Just Moved In

I'm PISSED OFF that I'm waiting on hold to fight $13.99 which is not worth my time and stress. 

Vusa
Just Moved In
Ye

Vusa
Just Moved In
Thus the reason why l am moving all my services from Telus just because they got scammed now they are scamming their own faithful customers not a chance l will stay with Telus

K_K
Helpful Neighbour

Reporting Telus to CCTS worked for me. Got refund for unauthorized charge and was able to block some of pay by phone services but not "pbm".

CCTS is not able to tell Telus what they are allowed to do,however if complaint is filed against Telus under billing errors then issue gets resolved fast. Telus will call you so you don't have to call them and wait on line.

Any open complaints against Telus look very bad on them so the'll try to resolve it fast.

In my case I asked for "refund of unauthorized charge on my account as I did not subscribed to any services and I am the only one with access to my device"

More complaints CCTS receives more likely Telus is to do something about it. 

In meantime I am not accepting any offers that would extend my contract. No new devices so I can leave any time if problem persists.