10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

Neighbour

10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

I got the 10GB plan but paying $85 because of a phone upgrade. I also had to pay an upfront fee for the phone as well. My question is after the 2 years and the phone is paid off will the plan revert back to $60? I am basically paying $25 more a month but that is too pay the phone off ($600 over 2 years). If the plan won't revert back to $60 after the 2 years then its better to buy a phone out right and pay $60 a month. I can't get a hold of TELUS online chat and I can't even get through on *611. 

191 REPLIES 191

No, Rogers is NOT offering it for only 24 months. The promo is permanent for as long as you keep the plan. I have confirmed this with multiple Rogers reps today including a couple of managers. They initially capped it to 24 months but then changed it to make it permanent.
0 Likes

No, Bell is permanent I am sure.

0 Likes
Friendly Neighbour

Has a similar issue, they actually deleted my post.
0 Likes
Community Power User

A number of posts were merged. Possibly your posts are among those merged.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Friendly Neighbour

There is no reason to merge the posts, lose the flow of an actual issue a client has. Nice touch merging post and bury something you can't answer. "SWEET" job telus representative chat guru!
0 Likes
Community Power User

Most posts today are long call in times on hold and disconnected. Nothing wrong with those being merged and kept together.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
0 Likes

I called in at 6am PST  and  had been on hold for 2.5 hours and then got disconnected. I am now trying the chat option as I cannot sit on the phone while I am at work

I am on hold 1 hour, and their live chat seems to be disabled. 

at the very least, the live chat should have agents on during working hours 9am to 5pm minimum, its Monday....

This is absolutely ridiculous

I think if you switch carriers you can get the same deal in a best buy or other store that sells phones and plans

0 Likes

Same issue here, can't get through chat or phone with customer service...

Resident

When I called in to switch my plan the automated message provides an email to do this but it’s impossible to understand what he is saying. Is it epp2@telus.com ?
0 Likes

I also thought it was epp2@telus.com - can someone confirm what the email address is? (And maybe spell it phonetically in the recorded message?)

0 Likes

When does it give you an email? I've had to call multiple times cause the IVR just hangs up on me after 2 hours of waiting.. not once have I heard anything about an email
0 Likes

I had the exact same experience, and live quite far from a Telus store. I'm hoping that after years of loyalty to Telus, they will honour the offer.

After my last attempt yesterday, I e-mailed support@telus.com about switching plans and explained my situation. It hasn't bounced back as yet and hopefully they get back to me saying that they will honour the deal.

My wife was able to switch her plan on Virgin mobile within 45 minutes and asked if I wanted to switch to Virgin because we could actually get through to them. Time will tell if my loyalty in Telus was well worth it or misplaced.
Helpful Neighbour

The longer you stay with one provider the more expensive you pay and the worse plan you get. management are compensated for growing client base that’s why new customers are offered better plan than existing customers. Initially the 10GB $60 plan was only offered to new customers and they quickly changed it due to complaints from existing customers. Rogers taught me this lesson 10 years ago. Loyalty does not get you much these days.
0 Likes

I hear this message after I enter my current phone number and get redirected to the "Corporate [Accounts] Main Menu".

So it's probably only for those people who are part of a corporate discount plan or EPP (Employee Purchase Program).

I’m also unsure what the email address is. I thought they said etb2@telus.com
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

I know there's a ton of interest in the BYOD $60, 10GB plan and volume challenges in our contact centre as a result - our apologies for that. The response is unprecedented and has undoubtedly affected our answer times. Our reps are working hard to work through the backlog.

If you are having trouble reaching our reps through phone or chat, please consider engaging our awesome social media team via Facebook or Twitter as well.

I've also noticed some anger directed at community members. Please note, unless they have the designated Employee, Community Manager, Moderator roles alongside their username, they are customers just like you. Please be respectful of other members; they're doing their best to help.

Hi Dru,

I know the volume issue was not planned for. I too am in customer service.

If you can share with Telus, there is no reason to have people wait on hold for hours, then be told after 2:02 minutes by a nice voice over that she "appreciates my patience and to try again later."

I'm a long-time Telus customer and have shared my delight with Telus customer service several times in the past.

Don't:

Don't make people wait in the middle of the Eaton centre mall, lined up for the in store application process, fielding general Christmas shopper passersby questions, then later, when met by a representative in store, tell the existing customer this can only be done by telephone (not online or instore)   

Do Different:

If you cannot handle volume, you open the channel wider to meet the demand, extend the deadline to accommodate techno difficulties or give existing Telus customers, who don't owe on their plan, a proactive communication to take advantage of this plan.

This is not a great holiday gift to staff who have to deal with frustrated customers either. 

Darren

my telus number 416-999-4708. I guess I won't get the 10GB for 60$ as I won't sit on hold again, then told to call in again,  without asking me if I'd like a callback.

Been on the CS line now for 1:48 and counting....   over 13 years a customer, since they were Clearnet...   I was told a few weeks ago when I was looking to upgrade my phone that my legacy plan was "untouchable" at $60 for 5gb and 500mins...  so I bought a used phone outright.   Would like to take advantage of this promo for sure

0 Likes