10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
What are you talking about my "sweet Sask plan" is 75 a month it's not the same as 60. Adding to your "sweet" response, if you fully read and paid attention to my post I did stare that I live in Calgary which is in Alberta now. I'll repeat myself once more I guess cause you're a telus representative and you want to justify your **bleep** up. I've called multiple times this year to change my number along with my plan, your sweet representatives told me not just one but twice that when a promo in Alberta comes up please call us and we will switch you over to a new phone number and a better plan. So I did I call! Waisted id say over 4 hours on hold and got a hold of your sweet representative, he then put me on hold again and when he came back he told that I can have that plan and get my Alberta phone number. Then he proceed to tell me that I'd have to buy out my existing contract in order to get the 10g for $60. Please tell me where loyal customer that like me fits in your grand scheme of things here and my "sweets" Sask plan. Last time I checked 60 isn't 75. And being deceived from your customers service representatives and poor service makes my decision easy to switch over to Roger. Thank you for wiseass response to loyal customer who had nothing but problems with telus.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for your response. So it's not me alone.

Highlighted
Resident

Hello, 

Can you tell me if the 10GB Plan is Apple Watch (cellular) compatible? 

Thank you!

Rob

Community Power User
Community Power User
You will not revert to a cheaper rate when the device is paid off. If you wanted the $60/month limited BYOD promo you need an non subsidized phone. Hence it’s a BYOD plan.

You’re locked into the $85/month plan till the device balance is paid in full.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
The BYOD 10GB/$60 is not a shareable data plan. Apple Watch requires a shareable data plan.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Folks,

I know there's a ton of interest in the BYOD $60, 10GB plan and volume challenges in our contact centre as a result - our apologies for that. The response is unprecedented and has undoubtedly affected our answer times. Our reps are working hard to work through the backlog.

If you are having trouble reaching our reps through phone or chat, please consider engaging our awesome social media team via Facebook or Twitter as well.

I've also noticed some anger directed at community members. Please note, unless they have the designated Employee, Community Manager, Moderator roles alongside their username, they are customers just like you. Please be respectful of other members; they're doing their best to help.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Has a similar issue, they actually deleted my post.
Highlighted
Resident

@dru,

Is it customary for Telus to hang up on customers calling in after a 2 hour wait? This has happened to me multiple times over the past 2 days and drops customers from the queue.  Conversely the same issue occurs for the online chat? 

Is there a resolution to the issue? or should customers look into a different service provider?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Telus 10GB.JPGI'm curious why the telus site is showing that the 10GB is shareable Canada wide.  Any clarity on this

Highlighted
Resident

Hey Dru,

Will Telus be honouring people's wishes to get this plan beyond the Dec 19th cut off due to the support issues we have all been receiving?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Why is the Telus site now showing the 10GB of data for $60 is shareable but I call the store and they say it is not.  Its for single lines only.  Can anyone explainTelus 10GB.JPG

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@jasonv93 The talk & text plans are plans Telus no longer offers. You can only find references to them in a web search with links to outdated pages on Telus.

Current plans are offered here.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
See this post https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/10GB-PLAN-for-60-and-phone-upgrade-question/m-p/80274#M...

Highlighted
Neighbour

I've been sitting in the queue for hours now and I am stalled at number 792.  It's not moving, and you can't refresh it.

Can't call *611 cause it just gets dropped...

...So what happens if I can't call in and I miss out on this deal Telus?

Why didn't this show up in my "Offers" section?  I own my phone outright...if you wanted to keep me as a customer...perhaps this would have been a great idea?

Highlighted
Resident

I had that happen a few times.

Called Bell, got through, I am now a Bell customer.

Highlighted
Resident

If i'm disconnected one more time that will be my next call..... Telus has always had the worst customer service but this goes beyond crap!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

A number of posts were merged. Possibly your posts are among those merged.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
There is no reason to merge the posts, lose the flow of an actual issue a client has. Nice touch merging post and bury something you can't answer. "SWEET" job telus representative chat guru!
Highlighted
Neighbour

What's the APN? It's isp.telus.com or sp.telus.com. My APN is former one, I cannot use the hotpot. The plan is 10GB 60 dollars. Thanks.

Highlighted
Neighbour

This actually made me laugh out loud.
...thankfully I wasn't drinking coffee at the time...

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Most posts today are long call in times on hold and disconnected. Nothing wrong with those being merged and kept together.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You can use SP till Telus fixes the issue.

Highlighted
Resident

did you have a balance on your device?

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

I too waited for almost 2 hours and Telus automatically disconnected me. Went online to use the chat feature and there were 1039 people ahead of me. No thanks. Now the 10GB $60 plan is no longer offered. So upset right now. 

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

I could have done it via my account this morning but the plan was not on the list for me to choose (my phone is no longer under contract) so I was forced to call customer service which I couldn't get through after almost 2 hours. What a joke.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Both Fido and Bell still offer the plan and it's so easy to do it online with Fido. A few clicks and it's done. Thanks very much Telus for pushing your customers away.

Highlighted
Resident
When I called in to switch my plan the automated message provides an email to do this but it’s impossible to understand what he is saying. Is it epp2@telus.com ?
Highlighted
Resident
I’m also unsure what the email address is. I thought they said etb2@telus.com
Highlighted
Resident

The $60 for 10GB (unlimited talk + text) is a great deal and all, and we should all definitely be trying to take advantage of it. Althought, I can't help but feel frustrated, but not about the wait times, but about:
-Why this is a phone in deal that Telus thought they could sweep under the rug?
-Why is this only being offered as a counter offer to the other two providers that make up the Big 3?*
-Why is it only available to "NEW" "BYOD" customers?
-How is Telus able to offer such a large $/GB discount if they weren't gouging us before? (Hint: They were and still are gouging, and don't start with the "infrastructure" argument sheep)

Here's the math from my account, as an example:
2x Lines (Both brand new Pixel 2's)
We're on a "corporate" pricing structure (supposedly better than consumer pricing).
$217.95 total for 6GB shared data, or $36.33/GB.

If you were to use the $60 for 10GB ($6/GB) "deal" pricing structure, for the above, here's what we should be getting/paying:

$217.95 for ~36GB
OR
6GB (we currently have/are paying for) for ~$36

That's ~80% (~$180) in savings. Now, I don't know about you, but I've NEVER gotten 80% off anything before.

We as consumers and customers should hold the Big 3* accountable for this "limited offer" "price drop" "deal". I for one wouldn't and won't take no for an answer. None of this "new customer" of "BYOD" nonsense. I've filed a complaint with the CRTC as well as the CCTS as this "deal" only incriminates the Big 3* with further collusion. How does this not prove the oligopoly going on here that everyone knows is existent? There is no competition for the consumer; say what you want about game theory, etc. By the way, the CCTS is a "free" and "impartial" service that only attempts to resolve complaints, but recommends you deal with the provider first. Same thing with the CRTC. These are hoops designed to tire us out as we jump through them. We can all remember the eye-rolling ads that Bell, Rogers and Telus (The Big 3*) took out when Verizon was going to come in and steal all their business because they were going to provide REAL competition and force each other to compete, which it's the CRTC's job to make sure they do, which they don't.

So please, do get this deal, don't take no for an answer, but DO also complain. Don't let Telus and their best friends Bell and Rogers sweep this under the rug as they panic to close this to the public as they are only now realizing it's impact and that they don't have the infrastructure (irony intended) to handle the volume of interest by their customers and consumers. This should be the baseline, basic package, not some sort of limited time deal, they know it, and we know it.

Please use this link, to complain about this further, as complaining on Telus' moderated forum, will most likley fall on deaf ears, as this was probably designed to steal ideas for cheap/free:
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Do not stop when you get hung up on, do not stop when the online "support" disconnects, do not stop if the Twitter account does not respond, and by the way, it's not the Support Team's fault what-so-ever. They probably read that email and knew the firestorm that was coming before any of the suits did, so be polite, but firm, and above all, show as much loyalty to this company, as they show to you, the existing customer. (Hint: 0)

Cheers, and good luck.

Chris Blasius