10GB PLAN for $60 and phone upgrade question?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I got the 10GB plan but paying $85 because of a phone upgrade. I also had to pay an upfront fee for the phone as well. My question is after the 2 years and the phone is paid off will the plan revert back to $60? I am basically paying $25 more a month but that is too pay the phone off ($600 over 2 years). If the plan won't revert back to $60 after the 2 years then its better to buy a phone out right and pay $60 a month. I can't get a hold of TELUS online chat and I can't even get through on *611. 

Highlighted
Resident

Howdy,

Long time Telus Mobility customer here.  Does anyone know of any new Telus promo plans to combat the new Rogers/Fido 10GB $60 (and now Bell has the same thing) plan?

Thanks,

PNUS

Highlighted
Highlighted
Neighbour
I can’t connect online or by phone to get the data promo
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is an in-store offer for new activations of a BYOD Plan. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Unfortunately this is my last contract with telus. After 8 years with them and many headaches with them they just get it together. This year I've moved provices, called them to switch my phone number, they advised me to keep my current one cause it was cheaper coming from Saskatchewan and whenever a promo plan comes in I'd have to call and ask them to switch me to that particular plan so they can change my number. 3 months go by I hear about this new 60$/10g plan that's being offered so I call and to my surprise I can't get through to any of the customer service representatives for 2 days. I finally get through and of course this offer isn't being given to existing customers "it's for new customers only" and the only way I can get it I'll have to buy out my phone and then I'd be able to get it. Like I said early I've been a client for over 8 years and only new clients get this particular phone, paying less for the phone and getting a better plan. I've very displeased with how old telus clients are being treated, and in no way I'll be resigning with them in the near future.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
If you are on a current contract with telus you wouldn't be able to get it, I've learned that first hand. Only new customers are able to do so, which leaves existing customers paying more.
Highlighted
Resident

You are, you just need to pay off any remaining balance. It's a BYOD plan so you need to have your own device, not Telus' device that you're financing. 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yet they allowed you to keep your sweet SK plan, even though you no longer reside there? I’d hold that plan as long as I could!

Current promos at all carriers are to attract new customers and switchers.
NFtoBC
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
It was on their Deals and Bundles page, but now is absent.
NFtoBC
Highlighted
Neighbour
My husbands plan is over and he could resign, we are on a family plan. Wonder if that would count as new customer
Highlighted
Neighbour
I used to work for Telus and have been loyal since leaving but this is bull #%!^. My husbands term is up, maybe we need to look at migrating to a new company.
I get through to them via phone or online
Highlighted
Resident

That Dosn,t seem Fair

What is telus doing for Existing Clients.?

Spoiler

Highlighted
Resident

Walked in to a Telus shop, and asked for the plan change of the promotion. Shop only accept new customer, all existing client need to get their plan change over the phone with the call centre, which I'm on both my cell "611" & landline at their support line, still holding....

Highlighted
Resident
I've been on hold for an hour... A friend told me he had other friends on hold 2-3 hours earlier today.

*UPDATE*
After 3.5 hours waiting, I got disconnected. 2 mins later a very nice agent called me back, and within 5 mins we had everything switched over. 😄
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Does 10GB for $60 plans allow Tethering? I just switched from Rogers to Telus. My friends that are same plan with Rogers say tethering works fine for then. Please let me know if it doesn't work I would like to Port back to Rogers.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why not give it a try and see?

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I have and it's not working. Spoke with CS they said it's not included. Read somewhere on web it is.. then contacted support they say it is however not working at the moment.. So not sure now who is correct.. and Rogers end there Promotion tommorow so I would like to know sooner then later..
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus was aware of the tethering issue and should be fixed in a few days as per what a CSR rep stated.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident
Waited in chat queue for 3 hours & 41 mins and was disconnected when it was my turn. Then tried to call and waited on hold for 1 hour and was then disconnected. Any suggestions Telus??
Highlighted
Rockstar

I'm pretty sure I was told long ago that they don't view tethered data any differently than handset data.  So the answer should be yes, it is allowed.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I would see it the same way... To me share plan means. Sharing the data between 2 phones. Something like a family plan. However customer service rep explained it as...it means sharing data between 2 devices not allowed. Hoping to have a Telus representative clear this out.
Highlighted
Resident

Same issue here, can't get through chat or phone with customer service...

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
The plan includes tethering, currently isn’t working on the new plan but will be fixed in a few days. That was yesterday according to a CSR rep so should be sorted out today or Tuesday.

The 10GB plan is Not Shareable data between other cellphones on an account like a family plan (shareable data between phones). Making a hotspot tethering is allowed.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Resident

I am on hold 1 hour, and their live chat seems to be disabled. 

at the very least, the live chat should have agents on during working hours 9am to 5pm minimum, its Monday....

Highlighted
Resident

This is absolutely ridiculous

Resident

I think if you switch carriers you can get the same deal in a best buy or other store that sells phones and plans

Highlighted
Resident

I still can't get through.  Switched to Fido today - for some reason Telus doesn't want to keep existing customers who have been loyal to them for years.

Highlighted
Resident

Yes, that's the same thing I was told on Saturday.

I am an existing Telus customer, on month to month, and I was on hold for 2hrs to talk to a CSR about switching to the $60/10GB plan.  Once I got through, the CSR was very courteous and answered all of my questions professionally.  One of my key questions was whether tethering/personal hot spot was allowed on this new plan.  He did not know the answer, so he forwarded it to their own internal Tech Support team (who were also slammed on the weekend).  I waited another 10min with the CSR, then he offered to call me back once he heard back.  I was nervous that i'd lose my place, but he assured me he had my info down and would call me right back.

Long story short, he called me back in another 10 minutes to CONFIRM that tethering/personal hot spot was allowed on this new plan.  He said that's exactly what the team told him.  As discussed, the "non-shareable" part of this deal is in relation to family plan sharing, where multiple people share pooled data.  Sharing with your own devices is fine.  That's when I agreed to switch to the new $60/10GB plan.

However, after I was switched over, I also get the message about contacting Telus to enable Personal Hot Spot on my iPhone X right now.  I emailed customer service yesterday, and expect a follow up response today (response eta is 24hrs).

Highlighted
Resident

I called in at 6am PST  and  had been on hold for 2.5 hours and then got disconnected. I am now trying the chat option as I cannot sit on the phone while I am at work