cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this dual-sim international Note8 work on Telus network?

ClaytonH
Just Moved In

I'm supposed to get a Samsung Note8 international dual sim phone very soon and I dont know if it will work on the Telus network.  It comes with this information about the frequencies:

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100;

LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)

I see nothing about 3g and I can't find anywhere on the Telus site that shows their frequencies even though an in store Telus rep said to check there to be sure.  He wouldn't commit to a yes or no answer when I showed him the above info so he must not know either.

Can someone post a link to the info on telus site if it's even there.... or perhaps just tell me what frequencies Telus used for 3G and LTE so I can try and figure out if this phone will work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Clayton

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A very quick search would show: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Will-my-phone-work-on-the-TELUS-network/ta-p/53882

GSM: Not supported

3G/HSPA/WCDMA: Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz)

LTE: Band 4 (1700 MHz / 2100 MHz), Band 29 (700 MHz)

Note: There are multiple 700MHz LTE bands and not all devices will work with all of them, or any of them.

There is never an absolute guarantee it'll work but barring and weirdness with the phone, it appears it should work, if the seller is honest with which network frequencies the specific international model works with. The list of LTE networks seems too short for the real international model.

If you plan to use both SIMs in Canada, double check that the second SIM on that specific model supports 3G/LTE. Many dual sim devices have the second SIM limited to GSM only (ancient, slow, not supported by Telus or Bell).

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂