Software Update Schedule Discussion

Highlighted
Advisor

No it just gives us s7 edge users kind of a time frame before or if we ever get the update... not holding my breath but if something doesn't happen soon i am going to torture test the phone.. bet will be if it survives the auto rundown .... 4x4 and mini-van get to take turns at it.... then the tiger torch gets to have it's way with it....sounds kind of harsh to destroy a flagship phone but mine is a piece of s**t and i will not defend the phone anymore...

Highlighted
Resident

The S7 update is rumored to be a couple months behind the S8 release. Hopefully soon.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mustang_Driver

Will it blend? 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Advisor

Not sure if it will blend.... don't want to destroy a blender for the sake of a POS phone... but i know it WILL melt when i decide to engage it with the tiger torch.... give a new meaning of phone explosions.... but to be fair the phone is a great texting, and picture taker but for calls it just plain sucks i think i may have gotten a defective phone but being out of replacement time frame i am stuck with it so i do own it and yes when i find a replacement for it i will systematically dissect it and put it in a melting pot

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If that happens, video please ^_^

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

Any word on oreo for the V30?

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Any word on the Essential Phone and Oreo?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gchiu not yet! As soon as the update is available you'll get notified on your handset.

Highlighted
Resident

Any reason as to why? Essential released 8.1 nearly a month and a half ago citing the reason 8.0 was never released was due to stability issue. I would suspect that means things are okay. How come there is exactly zero update? Is it because Sprint and TELUS had exclusive rights to these phones in their respective markets? OTA on the open market has been fine for an extended period now. Don't really want to resort to side-loading but if it means getting on the latest (basically already outdated) software then so be it.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

@TanBurrito I have noticed that people on Telus/Koodo have resorted to getting a Rogers SIM to get various updates. From my experience, Telus has lagged behind other major carriers since I can remember, and I've been on Telus since the days of the Motorola brick phone. The comment section of the link below is interesting.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/03/13/android-oreo-8-1-now-available-essential-phone/

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

@Nicole-Natassha Any timeline or projected release date for Oreo 8.1 on the PH-1?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gchiu Unfortunately nothing I am able to provide. Hopefully soon so stay tuned!

Highlighted
Resident

@Nicole-Natassha Hi Natasha, what about the Oreo update for the V30. It's been happening across the United States on multiple carriers. Looking forward to your reply.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@benjamin222 When the software is released it will be for all compatible devices at the same time.

Highlighted
Resident

so the galaxy note 8 update its sheduled for this morning ...

i try search for update and telus say no update?

you forget we are the 28 ?

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Stay tuned. We don't have more details at the moment. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
So is it being pushed back?
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The software will be released soon. Stay tuned. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Is it still today I been trying all day?
Highlighted
Connector
Nothing . Been checking all day.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Ya feeling like were getting screwed again 😞
Highlighted
Neighbour
Yup. Samsung is the ABSOLUTE worst.
Highlighted
Resident
Is there any word.on the LG V30 Oreo update arriving soon? Thanks
Highlighted
Neighbour
*crickets*
Highlighted
Advisor

i just got the apple update 11.3 seems they are on the ball unlike the android updates so i am definitely still unsure what phone to keep and which to sell the s7 edge or iphone 7 plus i was going to get rid of one to get the s9 plus

Highlighted
Neighbour
If you want updates even CLOSE to on time DO NOT keep or get a Samsung. They are THE WORST phone for updates. THE WORST. 6 freaking months?! The new Android beta is out before I even have last year's Oreo. Its pathetic. I loved Samsung phones thinking it wouldn't bother me much but it is too infuriating. Next phone will not be a Samsung unless they figure this garbage out. Stupid TouchWiz.
Highlighted
Connector
At least they receive monthly patches. LG is worse imo. The V20 hasn't gotten any update in almost a year. A friend of mine has a G6 and he had to flash different regions for the latest patches.
Highlighted
Connector

According to Rogers upgrade schedule, it will be on April 5th for them. Let's hope it will be the same for Telus.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931

Highlighted
Connector
My Telus Note 8 is getting the Oreo update right now, it's 4:38AM March 3rd, File Size 1259.48MB
Excitement level: High
Highlighted
Resident
Same ! Finally ! 🙂