Software Update Schedule Discussion

darderb
Connector

I sent a tweet out to Telus Support and was referred to the update schedule, "as soon as we find out, we'll update our update schedule" So I guess we will just have to patiently wait for it. 

TheRamsez
Helpful Neighbour

It is anything, it is the only ones that we did not update the update, the others have since 2 days now!

darderb
Connector
Update schedule has been updated. Says may 8 for the s6
TheRamsez
Helpful Neighbour

It's a joke to waiting 1 week after all poeple to receive the same built...

mbp
Advisor

Yes. An extra week wait for a buggy Samsung release is unacceptable.

TheRamsez
Helpful Neighbour

The Update for Galaxy S6 Version 7.0 (Nougat) is now launched!

arjonny
Connector
Where do you see that? It isn't on the live update page and it's not showing for me
darderb
Connector

I'm not seeing it either. Unless I get a notification i'm not going to worry about it until monday. 

Claystation3
Connector

I see it at this address, (they also misspelled "Samsung" for the S8.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

arjonny
Connector

@Claystation3 wrote:

I see it at this address, (they also misspelled "Samsung" for the S8.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

I see that too.  I was under the impression from TheRamsez that the OTA was now live when he said it was "launched"

I guess I have to wait 4 more days for Nougat on my Samsing S6

Claystation3
Connector

10-4 Me too, waiting quite awhile for Nougat, hope it doesn't disappoint.

TheRamsez
Helpful Neighbour

The update is available in OTA, I don't know why is not displaying on Samsung live update, but when I have done update search on my phone, the update is appeared!

Highlighted
darderb
Connector

Just checked after reading your post, It is available OTA as of this morning for me. It is also showing on the Samsung Live updates page. Just backing up before I update. 

arjonny
Connector

I got the OTA this morning also, I am on Kodoo and I am finally on Nougat with my S6

Claystation3
Connector

Downloading what I assume is the Nougat update now for the S6. 1195.68 MB...pretty big!

Mustang_Driver
Advisor
My update for my s7 edge was 1245MB seemed a little large but installed fine but the only issue i have is i still lose wifi connection and drop calls(CARRIER ISSUE) And battery drains a little faster than i am used to but overall a decent revamp of android software
seriouslypeople
Resident

other people seem to be getting the s6 update but I'm still on 5.0.2? is something up here cause I'm dying to go to nougat!

Community Power User
Community Power User

@seriouslypeople

Be careful what you wish for!

The rollout of any update occurs in waves. Not everyone get an automated update at the same time. At times you can force the issue in the settings application of your phone.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
mhinc
Ambassador

@seriouslypeople You are still on 5.0.2?  Is your phone unlocked or rooted?  If your phone is not unlocked or is unlocked and on the Carrier you purchased it with, and not rooted you should have no issues getting the update.

But you obviously didn't get Marshmallow either, if you are still on 5.0.2.  So there is something going on if you are not getting OTA updates.

MrDouf
Neighbour

Not Exactly true mhinc.You will receive the update even if your phone is unlock with the same or on an other carrier (it is my case and I have received all updates untill now). Even if you are rooted, your phone will received the update but the installation will fail (my case in another life).