Software Update Schedule Discussion

BentleyMcMulligan
Connector
Almost every phone, even iphones, get hot while charging. So no need to worry about it heating up. The note 7 issues where figured out and are being solved in future samsung products. The battery had slightly curved corners which caused the layers of the battery to touch and short circuit, creating a fire. Also the space where the battery went was too small for it to expand (all batteries expand when under use or charging) so that also caused an issue. Its a simple fix so no need to be so cautious anymore
Maelstrom
Neighbour

@Mustang_Driver wrote:
I saw that as well but the release is 7.0 i heard somethimg about a 7.1.1 update so i guess we are still gonna be waiting.... also i was going to switch to the iphone 7 s or plus but i just cant bring myself to buy an apple product especially when i have a balance on my google account

Hi Mustang_Driver

Do you mean Telus will be skipping the 7.0 and going to 7.1.1 directly?

Thanks.

Pop
Connector

LOL. They can't deliver 7.0, forget about 7.1.1. You will never see 7.1.1 on GS7. You will change a phone before Telus roll out 7.1.1 update.

Pop
Connector

Why don't you answer our questions Telus? Nice relationship you have with your costumers. Why do you have this page if you don't read it? Is it hard to let us know about your progress and approximation date, the plan about pushing out the new update. It's not shame to be the last one, it's shame not to communicate with your costumers. And please don't answer "we don't know" cause we don't ask about exact date, we ask for a info how far you went with the update and when we could expect the update out. Is it hard to give us at lest an idea while every other carrier enjoying the update rolled out already. And don't forget that we are on a security patch from November 6. It is April soon. Six months old security patch.

Shawn22
Neighbour
Ah telus only reads what it wants to on this site, it's ok telus, you can play the silent game
And just ignore its paying customers I'm done with telus 23 years with them and they can't get **bleep** straight. Wow this form is nothing but a useless site.
Thanks bell for your 7.0 image, then flag with odin3 7.0 installed
BentleyMcMulligan
Connector
To be fair 7.1.1 may not even be necessary as its basically only bug fixes and optimization on the pixel phones. We may never see 7.1.1 because we probably won't need it. Or they'll update bug fixes with the security patches (if they actually decide to start pushing security patches after 7 is released). From what I've heard 7.0 on the S7 is extremely well optimized and doesn't really require anything further except minor bug fixes that only a few handsets will probably ever encounter. I agree Telus is really bad at pushing out updates but its not Telus' fault for not updating it past 7.0, cause chances are the S7 won't need it
wat
Connector

Again Telus has updated their Software Update Schedule page and still no mention of 7.0 for the S7 and S7 Edge.  Most other Canadian carriers, including 2 of the Big 3, have already released the update (Bell/Virgin, SaskTel, Freedom, Eastlink) or have provided a target release date (Rogers).  Come on Telus, at least tell us something.  I'd prefer to get the update straight from Telus but may just cave and flash firmware from one of the other carriers or change my CSC to force an update like some users have.  Thanks for the wonderful customer service Telus...    

BentleyMcMulligan
Connector
I wouldn't even call it updating it. They never actually show a projected date when anything is receiving an update it just shows what already has received an update and the date. Telus' update schedule is embarrassingly bad, they need to totally rethink the structure of it cause right now its completely useless
Christopher77
Neighbour
I plan on doing the same thing on my days off.. I'm done waiting for Telus.. I just called tech support.. no joke.. the lady told me they are just waiting for Samsung to send the update. LOL. Like you said.. thanks for the image Bell! Don't care if it trips Knox or not at this point..
Christopher77
Neighbour
Nailed it. "embarrassingly bad". All my friends here at work have Nougat.. Bell customers.. ugh.. thanks Telus.
Pop
Connector

Telus representative said over the phone that they didn't get the Nougat from Samsung because they don't want it. They said it's full of bugs on Pixel and Nexus 6 phones so they will not launch the update on GS7/GS7 Edge.
So we have only 3 options to get the long expected update
1. Flash it with Odin
2. Change the CSC and force the update from another carriers or
3. Change the carrier (Telus)
Looks like Telus is skipping the Nougat update.

Highlighted
BentleyMcMulligan
Connector
I can completely say that's 110% bs. The S7 is one of the most stable versions of 7.0. That representative just wanted you to stop asking questions. That would be the most idiotic thing for Telus to do and I would be immediately cancelling my contract and going someplace else because that is terrible customer service
MoistPicklez
Organizer
LMAO Telus thinks people don't know how OEM's update, that is quite funny, was told the same thing about a different device by some brainless Telus employee spouting out generic responses instead of being honest and straightforward. Hey Telus, you guys really need to pick up your **bleep**! Get it all together, in one place, and treat your customers right, before the smart ones trash your name beyond repair.
Community Power User
Community Power User

The "Smart Ones" simply choose the provider where they will get what they want, and quietly move there.

Just Sayin'

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
MoistPicklez
Organizer
Or choose a device AND a provider that dishes out their updates in a timely manner. Sometimes the 'smart ones' have to make a bit of an uproar to help the sheep wake the hell up.
Community Power User
Community Power User

Every update has been delivered to my phone on the date promised by the manufacturer.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
BentleyMcMulligan
Connector
That may be but Telus had yet to provide a date when other carriers have either released the update or have a date set. As soon as my contract is finished with Telus I'm switching carriers they have been absolutely abysmal at informing their customers about updates as well as pushing those updates in a timely manner
Pop
Connector

Big question is,
why Telus don't update the schedule page to coming soon or something, why we wonder in the dark not knowing is nougat coming or no and approximately when? Would that be hard? Why Telus, why?

Christopher77
Neighbour
Well that was easy. I flashed my S7E with Bell's Nougat software.. (Odin) rebooted and was up and running on the Telus network! (This did wipe my phone to new but all good; I had everything backed up) Knox didn't trip.. Samsung Secure Folder Installed! Thanks Bell and SamMobile! Very happy!! And Telus.. um.. yeah.. 😒
Mustang_Driver
Advisor

The update came tonight at a whopping 1245MB and is Android 7.0 just thought you all might want to know