Software Update Schedule Discussion

Kalel1981
Connector

I am so pumped that the GS6 update is tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the updates usually roll out? Midnight or a specific time? Smiley Very Happy

Claystation3
Connector

@Kalel1981 When I received my M8 update I got it about mid morning, I understand they are staggered too, so it could be any time within the next day or so.

darderb
Connector

Installed update for GS6 this morning. So far so good. Download took about 15 minutes and probably another 10-15 for installation and app updates.

fidds
Neighbour

Anyone get an update today for the gs7 edge? It says today but nothing yet. Really want my edge screen update  to fix the issues. Thx

nismonick
Resident

Thanks for the update schedule.  I was wondering if someone from Telus could comment on the availability of the Windows 10 upgrade for the Lumia 830 and add to the schedule?  While we are a relatively small community on the Windows Phones, these updates go a long way towards supporting our user base. 

I know some users are using the Windows Phone Insider program as a workaround, but this solution requires you to give up all privacy on the device (as everything is shared with Microsoft) and is not appropriate for business users. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nismonick Added! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ti-Pete
Resident

Any news on GS5 Active?  I thought it was the same as GS5 but no update yet. I hope this doesn't take too long.

nismonick
Resident

@dru Thanks for adding the 830, I can see the update is available on the phone.  Much appreciated, keep up the great work!

Ganden
Resident

Just created account. Have no idea if i'm in the right place. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and I see that it is scheduled for May 16th but I have had it on all night and just happened to check to the update and it said that it already downloaded it and installed it. But I didn't see it do anything and it still says 5.1.1

Any ideas?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@sanayp As release dates become available to us, we'll update our schedule accordingly Smiley Happy

sanayp
Connector

There seems to be an error above as the Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5") seems to be listed twice with different dates.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@sanayp Edited. Thanks! 

Shane
Ambassador

My BlackBerry Z10 is currently running OS 10.3.2.2474. When can we expect 10.3.2.2876?

Thanks,

Shane.

sanayp
Connector

@Newmarket  It takes a few days to each all devices and regions of Canada.

Malek777
Connector

I wonder if the June security update for the s7/s7 edge will be released this month!

Mrcorey
Neighbour

Now, idol3 not listed at all Smiley Sad

now that Alcatel has begun sending 6.0.1 to unlocked US phones, will Telus be putting the phone back on the update schedule?

Ssgs
Resident

Same question here, when is Alcatel idol 3 getting update. Just let us know if its getting and when or not at all.... 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Alcatel did just release Marshmallow for UNLOCKED Idol 3s in the States. No mention of when carrier locked ones will get it, or Canada.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've had to revise the date but we'll be updating our schedule with the new date shortly Smiley Happy

Malek777
Connector
Why isn't the s7 receiving it's monthly updates just like the nexus 6p and blackberry priv? Samsung releases the firmware and telus is responsible for testing and releasing it. Ughhh