Software Update Schedule Discussion

Resident

Software Update Schedule Discussion

Very professionally done. You should really remove this page and put 'updates to come to Android phones one day, we're not really sure when.' I think I will be switching phones to the nexus devices to actually get updates faster than this half a snail's pace. The Telus experience is not one I'm impressed with. Makes me consider switching providers. 

498 REPLIES 498
Connector

@Newmarket  It takes a few days to each all devices and regions of Canada.

Ambassador

My BlackBerry Z10 is currently running OS 10.3.2.2474. When can we expect 10.3.2.2876?

Thanks,

Shane.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sanayp Edited. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Connector

There seems to be an error above as the Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5") seems to be listed twice with different dates.

0 Likes

Now, idol3 not listed at all 😞

now that Alcatel has begun sending 6.0.1 to unlocked US phones, will Telus be putting the phone back on the update schedule?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've had to revise the date but we'll be updating our schedule with the new date shortly 🙂

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sanayp As release dates become available to us, we'll update our schedule accordingly 🙂

0 Likes
Resident

Just created account. Have no idea if i'm in the right place. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and I see that it is scheduled for May 16th but I have had it on all night and just happened to check to the update and it said that it already downloaded it and installed it. But I didn't see it do anything and it still says 5.1.1

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Resident

@dru Thanks for adding the 830, I can see the update is available on the phone.  Much appreciated, keep up the great work!

0 Likes
Resident

Any news on GS5 Active?  I thought it was the same as GS5 but no update yet. I hope this doesn't take too long.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
Resident

Thanks for the update schedule.  I was wondering if someone from Telus could comment on the availability of the Windows 10 upgrade for the Lumia 830 and add to the schedule?  While we are a relatively small community on the Windows Phones, these updates go a long way towards supporting our user base. 

I know some users are using the Windows Phone Insider program as a workaround, but this solution requires you to give up all privacy on the device (as everything is shared with Microsoft) and is not appropriate for business users. 

0 Likes
Neighbour

Anyone get an update today for the gs7 edge? It says today but nothing yet. Really want my edge screen update  to fix the issues. Thx

0 Likes
Connector

Installed update for GS6 this morning. So far so good. Download took about 15 minutes and probably another 10-15 for installation and app updates.

0 Likes
Connector

@Kalel1981 When I received my M8 update I got it about mid morning, I understand they are staggered too, so it could be any time within the next day or so.

0 Likes
Connector

I am so pumped that the GS6 update is tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the updates usually roll out? Midnight or a specific time? Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Resident

I have a 1st gen Moto G but didn't receive any update these days.

Also, no any update for LG G4?

0 Likes

Is there an update to Nougat for the LG G4? I just received an update last week that I was hoping was Nougat but it was a large update with a bunch of patches instead.

0 Likes

@BobLoblaw

Nothing yet, keep an eye on this link for updates.  Mind you it's not updated until AFTER the updates happen, OR updates are posted and then removed.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

0 Likes
Resident

Upgraded my S6 edge. Process was slow but smooth. Fixed my Auto bright issue. Hope I get better battery life on this.. fingers crossed... if it doesn't.. finger will be raised 😉

0 Likes
Resident

I just started downloading for S6 Edge and the 1253 MB update is at 50% after seven minutes. Another four minutes to wait is not too bad after waiting for so many months...  🙂

0 Likes