Software Update Schedule Discussion

Highlighted
Ambassador

This was only in regards to the Exynos version.  The Snapdragon is getting the night mode in the upcoming June Security patch.

Highlighted
Connector
Did anyone receive an update for the Snapdragon i the night mode fix?

I received the July security update but I still have the issue when I run Android Auto.
Highlighted
Ambassador
Okay Telus. S10 Series Sept update was supposed to happen today "Sept 30th" according to the update schedule. So where is it??
Highlighted
Connector
Most of the Canadian Carriers have the OTA scheduled for October 1st - Just FYI 🐧
Highlighted
Ambassador
@Shaggyskunk Ya. I saw that as well. Guessing this was a error on whomever updated the chart and it will hit at midnight.
Highlighted
Resident
We still waiting for the OTA... lot of new feature
Highlighted
Ambassador

AWESOME to see Android 10 One UI 2.0 hitting the S10 series on December 16th.  This is by FAR the fastest update of an OS Canada has ever got.

Maybe, just maybe we will get it before the United States?  We are usually a month behind them!  Great news Telus! 

Highlighted
Ambassador

Ah Geez!  Come on Telus!  JUST when I toss you some praise for the Android 10 update for the S10 series releasing on Dec 16th.  You go and up it by a week!

Now Rogers still shows the 16th, I thought it was released the same date for all Canadian Providers?

Highlighted
Connector
Guess that we'll have to wait until the 16th - to see if Rogers actually does release One UI V2.0.. Rogers has been frequently inaccurate with their OS Update Schedule fwiw 🐧
Highlighted
Resident
Ya why the delay?
Highlighted
Connector
Just got January security update for S10, two days before the scheduled release. According to Telus, it was supposed to be released -Samsung GS10 Jan 17 Security update
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Only 15 days into the month to get the most recent Android security update patch (January 1, 2020) from Samsung! What an amazing improvement over the years.

Highlighted
Neighbour

No update on mate 20 pro and we are the 22.

This is quite sad. 

Highlighted
Advisor

yeah i haven't heard of any updates on my s9+ but i did just recently get the security patch to bring it to january 1current software version g965wvls7csl1/g965w0yv7csl1/g965wvls7csl1. i haven't seen anything on the samsung members area either but i am not signing a new 2yr. contract to get a phone with the latest software besides the s9+ is still a very nice phone to many features for me, my i phone 7 plus is also sitting on ios version 13.3 i have heard that the next software update will be it's last i have maybe 4 hrs of use on that phone i just have it as a spare the thought about selling it has crossed my mind but i won't get anything for it

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ are still in Beta for Android 10 but it should be coming out soon accourding to SamMobile https://www.sammobile.com/news/new-samsung-galaxy-s9-android-10-beta-update-released/

Highlighted
Resident
GS9 & GS9 android 10 oneui 2.0 has been pushed internationally.
Many smaller countries with much less sophisticated infrastructure and staff have reporting having the full release since the beginning of feb.

Samsung has made a large effort to finally push these updates much quicker it would be nice if Telus could do the same.
Highlighted
Resident
That's also for snapdragon and exynos variants.
Advisor

I for one have never had a telus update over the air, i have always had to manually search for updates but as things change i know that my updates are just about over as 5G is out and i have a S9+ that i reluctantly upgraded to as my s7 edge fell and shattered the screen. i currently have the Jan1,2020 update that was the security update but i haven't seen anything else for it. as for android updates i don't think there will be many more for my phone now they have a s20 out (funny there was a time when phones came out the companies tried to make the phone smaller but as we progress the phones are getting bigger) i also have an iphone 7 plus and i think i have only used it twice due to the fact i don't like it, but it will fall be the way side before and be totally obsolete before i have a chance to get used to it. currently up for sale but it's a horse nobody wants anymore

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

Just manually downloaded and installed the Feb. 1 2020 Security update on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Getting better TELUS & Samsung but where is the S9 update to Android 10 and Samsung One UI 2?

Highlighted
Resident

Update for Note 9 was supposed to be released March 9. It's now March 23

???

Highlighted
Neighbour
I completely agree. I attempted to get information from telus support, what a f Ing joke.
Highlighted
Neighbour
Should be Telus lack of support
Highlighted
Resident

Given the US carriers are on the cusp of delivering the newest S10 update this week, it would be nice to see that Telus is following suit.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Telus has updated their schedule for the S10 Series with a slew of updates.  But will this include One UI 2.1?  Is Optimization going to be One UI 2.1 or is this just a long delayed Security update with some other minor junk?

Samsung GS10eApr 13

Security update + bug fix + optimization

Samsung GS10Apr 13

Samsung GS10+Apr 13

Samsung Note10+Apr 13

Highlighted
Connector
In the US, both Sprint & Verizon have rolled out One UI V2.1 in the last 24 hours. In spite of the vague information from Telus, the upcoming OTA should be 2.1.