Software Update Schedule Discussion

Resident

Software Update Schedule Discussion

Very professionally done. You should really remove this page and put 'updates to come to Android phones one day, we're not really sure when.' I think I will be switching phones to the nexus devices to actually get updates faster than this half a snail's pace. The Telus experience is not one I'm impressed with. Makes me consider switching providers. 

498 REPLIES 498

I sent a tweet out to Telus Support and was referred to the update schedule, "as soon as we find out, we'll update our update schedule" So I guess we will just have to patiently wait for it. 

0 Likes

I am having difficulty understanding the point of an update schedule that has nothing but dates that have passed

Its a bit annoying

It is anything, it is the only ones that we did not update the update, the others have since 2 days now!

0 Likes

Update schedule has been updated. Says may 8 for the s6
0 Likes

It's a joke to waiting 1 week after all poeple to receive the same built...

0 Likes

Yes. An extra week wait for a buggy Samsung release is unacceptable.

0 Likes
Helpful Neighbour

The Update for Galaxy S6 Version 7.0 (Nougat) is now launched!

Where do you see that? It isn't on the live update page and it's not showing for me
0 Likes

I see it at this address, (they also misspelled "Samsung" for the S8.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

0 Likes

@Claystation3 wrote:

I see it at this address, (they also misspelled "Samsung" for the S8.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

I see that too.  I was under the impression from TheRamsez that the OTA was now live when he said it was "launched"

I guess I have to wait 4 more days for Nougat on my Samsing S6

0 Likes

The update is available in OTA, I don't know why is not displaying on Samsung live update, but when I have done update search on my phone, the update is appeared!

Just checked after reading your post, It is available OTA as of this morning for me. It is also showing on the Samsung Live updates page. Just backing up before I update. 

0 Likes

I got the OTA this morning also, I am on Kodoo and I am finally on Nougat with my S6

0 Likes

Downloading what I assume is the Nougat update now for the S6. 1195.68 MB...pretty big!

0 Likes
Helpful Neighbour

Only 15 days into the month to get the most recent Android security update patch (January 1, 2020) from Samsung! What an amazing improvement over the years.

0 Likes

Just got January security update for S10, two days before the scheduled release. According to Telus, it was supposed to be released -Samsung GS10 Jan 17 Security update
0 Likes

Ya why the delay?
0 Likes

Guess that we'll have to wait until the 16th - to see if Rogers actually does release One UI V2.0.. Rogers has been frequently inaccurate with their OS Update Schedule fwiw 🐧
0 Likes

Ah Geez!  Come on Telus!  JUST when I toss you some praise for the Android 10 update for the S10 series releasing on Dec 16th.  You go and up it by a week!

Now Rogers still shows the 16th, I thought it was released the same date for all Canadian Providers?

0 Likes

AWESOME to see Android 10 One UI 2.0 hitting the S10 series on December 16th.  This is by FAR the fastest update of an OS Canada has ever got.

Maybe, just maybe we will get it before the United States?  We are usually a month behind them!  Great news Telus! 

0 Likes

We still waiting for the OTA... lot of new feature
0 Likes