cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service centre wait times vs sales wait time

Jmitchell1
Helpful Neighbour
Why does it take at least 1 hour to be connected to a support rep, but less than2 minutes to be connected to a sales rep?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jmitchell1 Sales reps are trained/skilled differently than our support centre staff. The latter can support your account/billing related questions including fulfilling transactional requests where our Sales team's core focus is helping new and potential new customers navigate the on-boarding process. As such, each team will command a different volume of calls and offer different levels of support. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jmitchell1 Sales reps are trained/skilled differently than our support centre staff. The latter can support your account/billing related questions including fulfilling transactional requests where our Sales team's core focus is helping new and potential new customers navigate the on-boarding process. As such, each team will command a different volume of calls and offer different levels of support. 

Jmitchell1
Helpful Neighbour
What does that say about Telus's products when the help line wait time has so much volume it is 6000% longer to get ahold of a service representative vs a sales representative?

I am sorry, I do not accept this. It is far too convenient that Telus is able to onboard new money in minutes, but can't keep up with the volume of people looking for assistance. The skills of typing on a computer, talking to clients and having product knowledge is interchangeable between sales vs service. It is obvious Telus has a preference for staffing the sales department when the wait times are so vastly different between the 2. Your priorities are first and foremost to your shareholders,please don't insult your client's intelligence by lying to us about it.

Thank you.

Nick339
Neighbour

you are lucky if you get connected to support staff in an hour. For me, the last wait time was above 2 hours, and no resolution after making the call. The service rep told me that she will call me back on Monday but she didn't. Right now, on hold for amost 2 hours.. still in 30 days period of satisfaction guarantee and losing patience with Telus. 

This has been exasperated by Black Friday and Cyber Monday. They are unable to handle the call volume or internet chat requests. They have essentially shut down the chat function on the website. Calling into loyalty or the webstore both result in hour to two hour long waits for a call centre to finally pick up. The quality of the customer service is greatly failing as of late and there seems to be no care from Telus to fix it. I have currently been on hold for over two hours waiting to verify something with my account. You have to take a day off of work to be able to handle any business with Telus.