Note8 Preorders shipping date?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

ThisGuyDoesntCare
Advocate

@yag100 wrote:
canada post "out for delivery at 10am, 547pm delayed til next business day" and won't let me go pick it up at a postal office, what the actual **bleep**?

I'm in the same boat as you. Had I realized that the release day was a Friday, I never would have pre-ordered to begin with. I wish these companies would launch highly anticipated products earlier in the week to give the delivery companies time to get them to the buyers without having a weekend hitting them in the face before they get their item.

yag100
Friendly Neighbour
Or send them out in batches a few days prior so the whole postal system doesnt get overwhelmed..
JonnyMac
Friendly Neighbour

I think anytime a company has pre-orders, the pre-orders should be in the owners hands before store launch. It's an incentive to pre-order... The gifts are available until Sept 17th, so that takes out the incentive or pre-orders since you can do it in store.

This isn't necessarily the fault of the carries, Samsung could have sent devices late or maybe Samsung Canada has a stipulations on the phone release. 

The only thing good about pre-orders would be your guaranteed a phone, whereas store release they may sell out before you can get a unit

ScottJS
Just Moved In
I was later to the preorder then most (Sept. 12) but I haven't received a drop of information yet. I was supposed to be contacted within 24-48 hours of my original submittal and I've had to call back everyday since just to confirm my preorder was good for the freebies. The last Rep I spoke with (from sales) said it could be a 4-6 week wait, but ultimately they didn't have any idea why I hadn't been contacted, why I wasn't getting emails, and when the phone would actually ship. Is anyone else having this horrible of an expedience?
Richard74
Just Moved In

Its Monday and i still haven't received my preorder of the note 8. 

Nicole-Natassha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Richard74

Hey there! Do you have your order number? Send me a Private message and I can check the status if you'd like

nigelrodrigues15
Just Moved In

@JonnyMac wrote:

@RichP yeah I ending up staying awake until now, going to bed.

Well the good news is that I got my phone at 11:00am, and when I was talking to the Post Man I said a lot of people are waiting for packages like this. His reply was "is it marijuana, cause I see that in package like this all the time" lol.. I said no it's the Samsung Note8. He said he has a bunch of these packages in the back of the truck. So looks like a lot of lucky customers are getting it the day we were promised.

The bad news is that I was working on my truck (modifying) so I couldn't set it up or play with it yet. I did take it out of the package and WOW!!!! I got the blue phone. Huge is all I can say, a little taller and a little narrow compared to my Note4.

Hopefully tonight when I wake up [ night shift gotta go to bed now that phone has arrived 😉 ] I can get moving on it, if not then tomorrow on Saturday after work...

Glad most of us here got the product on the promised date!!

@JonnyMac

Did you get the wireless charger and microsd card with your phone as part of the preorder?

Cheers,
Nigel

RobAMc
Just Moved In

I also haven't received my preordered Note 8. It's listed as Approved, but no tracking number yet. Spent an hour on hold yesterday to speak to a web sales representative and he just said that I should be issued a tracking number this morning, but still nothing. Sent an e-mail to telusorders, no response. Left a voicemail with web orders, no response. Telus Support on Twitter said they'd have someone call or email me, nothing.

Very frustrating experience so far, especially since I could've strolled into a Best Buy last Friday and just bought one.

Eric_A
Connector

Any news about the offer from Samsung for the wireless charger? The status of my request under my offers webpage is pending.

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour

@Eric_A wrote:

Any news about the offer from Samsung for the wireless charger? The status of my request under my offers webpage is pending.

Mine is too.  If you click the info icon, it shows that the order is being processed.  No confirmation from Samsung yet. 

RichP
Advocate

@nigelrodrigues15 

The wireless charger and memory card will come 6-8 weeks later... lol

BrentBrown
Neighbour

I pre-ordered on Sept. 6, and still haven't received my phone.  I have called Telus customer care a few times, and get a different answer every time.  This past Monday, I was told I would have it yesterday at the latest.  I called today, and was told they don't know when it will ship and there is no tracking number yet.  I was given an e-transaction number, but I'm not sure what that does.  I do see that the new device balance is showing on the most recent bill from Telus, and it started on Sept. 16.  Is anyone else still waiting for a phone?  I find it so frustrating that I can't get an answer.

ThisGuyDoesntCare
Advocate

Cancel your order and buy in store. I did, and still got the email saying I had successfully completed the requirements for the pre-order gifts anyway.

Nicole-Natassha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BrentBrown

That does seem like an awfully long time since you ordered. Did you contact the Webstore directly or Client Care?

BrentBrown
Neighbour

I just got off the phone with Client Care. They said that the order was in process. I think that’s the term she used. I used the live chat this past Monday and was told I would receive it yesterday at the latest.

Nicole-Natassha
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BrentBrown Can you send me a Private message with your order number so I can just take a look quickly at what happened?

Eric_A
Connector

@RichP wrote:

@nigelrodrigues15 

The wireless charger and memory card will come 6-8 weeks later... lol

Not really, It just got an email from UPS about the delivery of my wireless charger. The scheduled delivery is next Monday.

BrentBrown
Neighbour

Good news.... I received the phone on Friday of last week.

Ult1
Just Moved In

That's great still haven't got mine ,starting to wonder if it's coming at all.

Ult1
Just Moved In

Anyone else still waiting?it's only been a month since it's official release!!(give or take,lol)why rush Telus!It would be nice if they just let us know so we didn't have to wonder what's happening.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you checked your order on the tracking page?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"