Note8 Preorders shipping date?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

The Note8 is available for order on BestBuy, Telus.

However, I noticed the following on Samsung's website that will make me really really unpleased with the whole preorder thing...

Buy the Galaxy Note8 and get a bonus Samsung Wireless Charger Convertible plus a Samsung 128GB MicroSD Card following purchase until September 17th, 2017.

So, if I go today to Telus and get the phone at early AM when they open, I'd still pay the same and get the preorder freebies!

RichP
Advocate

@ET

Why has my order status not changed? Still showing as "Order Approved". It's suppose to be in my hands by today, but the way how I see it is if its not changed to "Order Processed" this morning then clearly I won't have my device today.

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour
My status just changed to order has been shipped. Checked the tracking number. Shows that it is out for delivery. Hooray!
brtwpg
Neighbour

Me too! Delivery expected today!

RichP
Advocate

@Hamstermatic Funny. So has mine. The funniest part is that when I check the tracking number, it has already been in the system since yesterday at 4:36pm.

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour
Same. I saw that too. Wonder why they didn't send it then?
Auxilio
Connector
Mine is also out and should be delivered today! I'm surprised that it went from "no information" to "you'll have it soon" over the course of a few minutes haha.
TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour

Same here! 

Good thing I've been refreshing all week 😄

Expected delivery today. Though apparently it's still in transit from Mississauga :S (I'm in Montreal)

brtwpg
Neighbour

@TheOneChristo  mine says in transit as well, but when I scroll down the page it shows as being scanned in Winnipeg at 5:02 this morning. So I'll have it soon.

JonnyMac
Neighbour

Sweet, mine is out for delivery in. Left Ajax this morning at 7am and I live next town over in Whitby... Looks like I'll be getting it today.. 

Looks like this was shipped out yesterday.

Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get it, on nights so I don't want to miss the delivery since signature is required.

RichP
Advocate

I'm having mine delivered to my office. It was in Mississauga yesterday at 4:36. As of this morning at 7:14am it was in Ajax and now its out for delivery. My office is in Ajax and the mail usually gets here about 10am.... 🙂

RichP
Advocate

@JonnyMac Hey Whitby guy! I'm in the Shwa and work in Ajax.

JonnyMac
Neighbour

@RichP Hey Shwa guy, I work in Toronto 🙂 

On nights right now, hoping I get the phone before I need to go to sleep. At least I don't work tonight so I can wait a little longer then normal. 

RichP
Advocate

@JonnyMac I guess for you it would depend on when you get your normal mail deliveries or at least I hope thats the case. It would be a kick in the pants if it wasnt because I dont feel like sitting around at the office after 5pm on a Friday with the best weekend weather of this rainy summer ahead of us.

yag100
Neighbour
My order tracking number was sent it says it was shipping from calgary sunce 8pm last night and arrives today. Ordered on the 2nd or 3rd day of it avaiable.
Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

Mine is out for delivery too 🙂

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour

Mines been delivered with a notice according to tracking.  Can't wait to get home to get it!

Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

I really wanna sleep... and I feel like:

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

loOol

RichP
Advocate

Bah, its been out for delivery for 3.5 hours and I am only a few blocks from the post office in Ajax. lol so frustrating waiting.

Edit: I need to stop posting things like this. Literally 2 minutes after I posted it arrived and its big and beautiful

Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

I have just received mine in Mississauga, Ontario 🙂 It is amazing 🙂 Worth the wait 🙂

Thank you, Telus 🙂

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour

Lucky folks in TO.

I'm sitting here, refreshing the Canada Post tracking page. It was "processed" in Montreal at 10am. Send it out for delivery already!

JonnyMac
Neighbour

@RichP yeah I ending up staying awake until now, going to bed.

Well the good news is that I got my phone at 11:00am, and when I was talking to the Post Man I said a lot of people are waiting for packages like this. His reply was "is it marijuana, cause I see that in package like this all the time" lol.. I said no it's the Samsung Note8. He said he has a bunch of these packages in the back of the truck. So looks like a lot of lucky customers are getting it the day we were promised.

The bad news is that I was working on my truck (modifying) so I couldn't set it up or play with it yet. I did take it out of the package and WOW!!!! I got the blue phone. Huge is all I can say, a little taller and a little narrow compared to my Note4.

Hopefully tonight when I wake up [ night shift gotta go to bed now that phone has arrived 😉 ] I can get moving on it, if not then tomorrow on Saturday after work...

Glad most of us here got the product on the promised date!!

Eric_A
Connector

I received a delivery notice from Canada Post in my mailbox, I call them and It should be at the post office around 6pm. The status on Telus website is the same as yesterday and I didn't received any email for the delivery.

yag100
Neighbour
my canada post tracking said out for delivery since 10, I almost want to just wait down in the lobby.

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour

Well looks like Telus screwed up my address...the tracking now says:

"Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay"

I checked the address on my order and it's fine....I guess I'm doomed to have my phone in some sort of Canada Post limbo

ThisGuyDoesntCare
Advocate

Your Canada Post delivery person probably screwed up and sorted it for the wrong street or something. I always get mail from the same house number as my mine but on a different street. (I live on 33A Ave but get mail from 33 Ave with same house number). I am sure they get some of my mail too at times. 

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour

Well I had it delivered to work, so let's hope they get it sorted properly before 5pm. 

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour

Mine still says its en route to the post office, hope it's there by the time I get off work.  Fingers crossed!

Eric_A
Connector

Just pick my Note 8 at the post office. **bleep** it's a nice phone. When I called to activate my sim card, the rep told that they had many complaints about the tracking and the fact that many peoples didn't receive any email. According to him they got a lot of preorders and the system crashed yesterday.

yag100
Neighbour
canada post "out for delivery at 10am, 547pm delayed til next business day" and won't let me go pick it up at a postal office, what the actual **bleep**?