Note8 Preorders shipping date?

Auxilio
Friendly Neighbour

Also, Telus' order tracker page on the forums says this about the order being shipped:

Order shipped
The moment you have been waiting for. Your order has shipped and the courier name and tracking number will be provided to you. Shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. 

So. Unless that status changes to "Order Shipped" today, I'm definitely not getting my phone by the date it lists in the preorder email.

Highlighted
BasesLoadedWalk
Advisor

I'm in the same boat, but ordered from Samsung Canada directly, which in my experience has some of the worst customer service going. Only ordered from them because I currently have a $630 device balance from a previous activation I did with Telus and now Telus are only going to give me a $550 device balance if I pay off the previous tab first and get the note 8 from them. So I would end up having to pay $80 more with Telus, unless if anyone knows if Telus Stores would be selling this outright come Friday, which I doubt they would do without a fight.

RichP
Advocate

Not promising when a Telus rep says you "SHOULD" get your pre-order on the 15th.

*sigh*

JonnyMac
Friendly Neighbour

TheOneChristo wrote:
JonnyMac did you order from Samsung or Telus?

My Telus order is still sitting in "order approved". They could probably ship as late as Thursday and overnight it for it to be here on Friday.

I ordered mine from Telus, but my status online still says "order approved". When I talked to the Online Sales department about my SIM card, he told me we can't make any changes to your order because its prepared and ready for shipment.

So I don't know what to take from that. Do they have all these phones ready to be shipped and shipping them tomorrow overnight? I would be a little pissed if I don't get my phone on the 15th, since they said you will get your phone on or before Sept 15.

I had ready before that the pre-order gifts were only eligible until Sept 14th pre-orders, but I see the date says Sept 17th I wonder what that is about...

brtwpg
Neighbour

I just went back and forth with a rep on facebook.  The exact message they sent me, based on my order & account number, was this:  "The device should leave our warehouse today, or tomorrow. Once it does, Canada Post tracking number will be sent to you within 24 hours."

Auxilio
Friendly Neighbour

Well that's promising! Hopefully I/we hear something tonight or early tomorrow!

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour
I was thinking that actually. By the time it's shipped and updated in the system it could take a day or two. We might only get a shipping notification tomorrow but it might have been sent out today
RichP
Advocate
I'm starting to think we won't have our devices by tomorrow. My status hasn't changed and no tracking number yet.
Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

Are we still checking our emails every five second 😤

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour
@Muhammad. Yes. Lol
Eric_A
Friendly Neighbour

Well the status changed from "Order approved" to "Order received" with this:

We're processing your order, which you should receive in 3 to 5 business days. When your order ships, we'll send you the tracking number.

So, I guess that I won't have a same day delivery as a rep told me earlier this morning...

TheOneChristo
Helpful Neighbour
3-5 days isn't September 15th. I don't know how many people pre-ordered the Note 8, but I'm sure they'll be receiving a couple of angry phone calls if this is the case
Muhammad
Helpful Neighbour

Maybe three to five business days is an automated message.

RichP
Advocate
I'm STILL sitting at order approved. This is unacceptable. Preorders should have priority over store sales. If I go into a store tomorrow and they have stock and I don't have mine yet, I'm going to be pissed.
Eric_A
Friendly Neighbour

It's ridiculous now, in french the text below "Order received" is not the same as in english. In french, it's the same one as "Order approved" with still 15th as delivery date. I had a chat on the french Facebook's page of Telus, simply put, the fault is on Samsung for the late shipping. Also, according to them, It's not because the shipping is late that we will receive the phone after everybody else. Sounds to me that the quantity in store will be very low for the launch tomorrow.

BasesLoadedWalk
Advisor

My buddy just got his delivered (ordered directly from Samsung). His was a black one. I haven't received mine yet and also ordered from Samsung, but mine is a blue one. I'm hoping the blue one isn't in short supply or anything and that mine will show up later.

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour

Did your buddy receive a notification or did it just show up?  Some of the forums I've been reading show that if you ordered the phone last week, Samsung says they won't receive it until Oct 14th.  Good thing I ordered on the reveal day

BasesLoadedWalk
Advisor

It just showed up. No shipping email or anything. Seems like Samsung shipped pre-orders yesterday.

Hamstermatic
Helpful Neighbour

That actually gives me hope!  Thanks!

sera
Resident

I did the live chat on the telus website last night, I was told they will start shipping ON the 15th... and it would 24 to 48 hours after that. I messaged Telus on Facebook and they told me that was incorrect, they said there are no delays with shipping so I should have my phone by end of day Sept 15th like the email says. My status is still Order Approved... but they are saying I will have it. Guess we'll see!