Note 5 Marshmallow update

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Yanis_Sauve
Neighbour

Hello!

Is the update currently being pushed?

Craziekev
Resident
Nothing on my device yet.....
silentace7
Resident

Any word on exactly when on the 16th the note 5 marshmallow update is supposed to hit...? 3:30 pm and still waiting...

Emrecan127
Neighbour

I agree with you  @silentace7. Still waiting too. Come on telus

Emrecan127
Neighbour
Unfortunately. Nothing on my device too. Waiting the Ota update from telus.
Phoquetopus
Resident

What's the point of this page if the dates displayed are meaningless. Earlier today the note 5 showed due to receive marshmallow today. Now it's been pushed back once again to the 25th. Might as well put coming soon to all of them.

bodryker
Connector
Date again pushed to March 25. Get your **bleep** together Telus. Seriously.
drewhosick
Connector

This is ridiculous.   I bought a Nexus 6 cause it gets updated quickly.   Then a warranty issue pops up and I'm sent the Note 5.  It's a nice phone but cripes I had a Nexus cause I liked the updates and now you guys can't get your act together.   It's total bs.  How the heck do you delay the release again on the day it's set to roll out and you wait till 5pm to announce that.   Get your freakin act together!

drewhosick
Connector
This is ridiculous. I bought a Nexus 6 cause it gets updated quickly. Then a warranty issue pops up and I'm sent the Note 5. It's a nice phone but cripes I had a Nexus cause I liked the updates and now you guys can't get your act together. It's total bs. How the heck do you delay the release again on the day it's set to roll out and you wait till 5pm to announce that. Get your freakin act together!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Neighbours!

We know you're eagerly awaiting this update and definitely hear you.  

While we try our best to ensure updates align as closely to the target date as possible, circumstances can sometimes arise that might see these dates being pushed back or delayed altogether.

We spoke to the product team about the current status and the good news is that the update is still happening - March 25th, tentative - while the bad is that it's been slightly pushed back from the original target. 

If we receive any further news regarding this update, we'll share it with you here!

- dru

CanuckRS555
Connector

Note 5 goes from March 9th, to March 16th, go March 25thAt this rate Android N will be on Nexus devices before the Note gets M. I'm going back to Nexus for my next device for sure.

drewhosick
Connector
The message we hear you is getting old quickly. Is that the company line? Because it was the exact same words used on Twitter. The point is if it was one time that's understandable, but it's been pushed back three times which means maybe you shouldn't release a date until you're pretty sure it's going to happen . There's no reason to have it delayed 3 times. Once again get it together.
riderfan89
Neighbour

I understand the circumstances arise that cause updates to be pushed back, but there is no reason for the amount of delays in this case. Going from March 9 to 13 to 16 to 25 is simply unacceptable. I would be perfectly fine with a later date, say if the 16th had been the first date announced. In that case the delay to the 25 would of been hard, but acceptable. How this has been handled with the update being pushed back in the middle of the day, and no explanation is unacceptable. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Rogers and Bell are in the same boat. No release date. Samsung is well known for delaying updates because of bugs. Rogers doesn't even have a scheduled release date listed for any Samsung device currently.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Paul333
Resident

With all repect there needs to be a date set and stick to it with a working update.  This is the fourth change of date for this Note 5. First the 9th, 13th, 16th and now MAYBE the 25th. This is frustrating. No one can say this update was fine yesterday and not working today. I don't believe it will happen the 25th at this point. I don't know if it a telus issue or a Samsung issue, but it seems someone doesn't have their act together and it reflects poorly on both. 

Paul333
Resident

Maybe Telus should reset the date to coming soon. People like myself are frustrated because our expectations are being poorly managed. Better just to get a surprise update on our screens and have iphone guys joke about the poor schedule of updates on Android phones than to be resetting dates again and again and again and again. If we have a note 5 we have a premium device and are paying premium dollars for our plans. We expect and deserve better than this.

Yanis_Sauve
Neighbour

I agree with Paul. Since TELUS or Samsung are having problem delivering updates per their schedules, they should just say "Coming soon", or abandoning the whole concept of having a schedule.  I do also understand that things don't always go as planned, but when you're pushing back an update for the THIRD time, don't embarass yourself by giving another date.  People will just stop believing...

Please stop crushing our expectations!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

We know many of you are waiting anxiously for the Android M update on the Note 5 & S6/Edge devices. The update was delayed because of a bug Samsung discovered during testing.

We will post a revised timeline once the OEM submits a new build. 

Most Helpful
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Folks,

We know many of you are waiting anxiously for the Android M update on the Note 5 & S6/Edge devices. The update was delayed because of a bug Samsung discovered during testing.

We will post a revised timeline once the OEM submits a new build. 

-AK

Highlighted
nakedgeezer
Friendly Neighbour

A Kron, I appreciate the update but the disappointment is palpable. 

You've got to understand that going from March 9 to March 25 by way of 3 or 4 extensions to what is now "Delayed" is just not sitting right with us.  From all that is read and you guys published before, Samsung would ready the update after which Telus would review and test it with another Samsung update and Telus review.  Why would Samsung still be finding bugs if its this close to release?  What about the numerous carriers who have already pushed out the update? We're not hearing about massive failures around the globe, so why would this only be for the Canadian variant?  Why not fix it ASAP post update with a much smaller bug fix or security update push?  Yes, I get that software is notoriously difficult to deliver perfectly and on schedule, but this here seems like too much is done too late.

The problem is that we're completely losing faith in any of these posted dates.  Again, I appreciate it that Telus wanted us to have a date that we could count on, as opposed to other carriers not even publishing it, but by now I'm I feel like I've worked through Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' 5 stages of grief enough times.  And it's when you hit that 5th one, and accept that Telus and Samsung are not serious about keeping this schedule, that we consider joining Wind Mobile using our antiquated iPhone 4's.  That horror, is at least one of our own making.