cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a website that compares mobile phone's, 'phone' features and capabilities?

dohhboy
Neighbour

Every web site I can find that compares mobile phones, compare the screen resolution, megapixels of the camera, and all of the bells and whistles, that are not 'phone' related. It seems like I have to buy the latest and greatest camera, just to get a new phone.

I use my phone as a work phone, in a noisy environment, and rely on the vibration of the phone in my pocket, for notifications. Let me tell you, that the vibrations are getting weaker with every generation of phones. They use to move on the table top from the vibration. The newer ones make noise when they vibrate, but don't vibrate enough to get your attention if you are busy in a noisy environment. If only someone made a plug in 'strong' phone vibrator.

Reliability to make and receive calls. When I am in an area with up to 3 bars, I sometimes will get chewed out for not answering my phone or texted from a co worker. When we compare phones, they successfully made the call, or sent the text, but I never received either.  This has happened with my previous iPhone 6, and my current Pixel 3. Is this the phones or Telus? 

I don't care about the camera megapixels or low light performance. All I use the camera for is reference pictures. I don't need a phone with a constantly growing screen size. 5" screen is fine for me(Good luck finding one that small now). I don't want an older model as they get neglected for software updates.

Thanks for reading my rambles, and if you can give any advice I would appreciate it. Thakns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't know of a website that compares the strength of a vibration motor specifically or even mentions it at all. There was one discussion on reddit last year about the vibration motors but all the responses point to the popular brands. Apple, Samsung, etc. 

The issue is with the phone manufacturers. All manufacturers seem to be aiming for thinner chassis and larger screen. The thinner the phone gets, the less space for a vibration motor so they get smaller. Thicker phones are hard to find and up to date ones are even harder to find.

For me, I work in an environment where my cell phone has to be muted and typically out of sight. I find that an Apple Watch works well to notify me of calls or texts. The vibration on my wrist is fairly noticeable since it's in direct contact.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't know of a website that compares the strength of a vibration motor specifically or even mentions it at all. There was one discussion on reddit last year about the vibration motors but all the responses point to the popular brands. Apple, Samsung, etc. 

The issue is with the phone manufacturers. All manufacturers seem to be aiming for thinner chassis and larger screen. The thinner the phone gets, the less space for a vibration motor so they get smaller. Thicker phones are hard to find and up to date ones are even harder to find.

For me, I work in an environment where my cell phone has to be muted and typically out of sight. I find that an Apple Watch works well to notify me of calls or texts. The vibration on my wrist is fairly noticeable since it's in direct contact.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂