cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Series March Security Patch

Elky64
Ambassador
See it was scheduled for release on March 20th recieving on our P20 Pro Mar 21st, never had it powered the day prior so unsure if it was there then. So far though patch for our P20 is no where to found as of Mar 27th..

Is there an issue with the patch for the P20 causing the delay or is this too being rolled out in stages like major OS updates are?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Software patches actualky come from the manufacturer of the software. So android in this case. Therefore, TELUS wouldn’t have it yet. Unfortunately there’s no way to rush a huge company like android. It just comes when it comes. Like the new family manager we have. That was supposed to come out in November and here we are 5 months later it’s finally out! It’s tylucally better to wait. If they rush things that’s how you get these nasty bugs where things get messed up. Since they gave one date already it should only be a few weeks to months till it comes out. Just turn on notifications for software updates in your phone and you will be the first to know when it’s out!
Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Software patches actualky come from the manufacturer of the software. So android in this case. Therefore, TELUS wouldn’t have it yet. Unfortunately there’s no way to rush a huge company like android. It just comes when it comes. Like the new family manager we have. That was supposed to come out in November and here we are 5 months later it’s finally out! It’s tylucally better to wait. If they rush things that’s how you get these nasty bugs where things get messed up. Since they gave one date already it should only be a few weeks to months till it comes out. Just turn on notifications for software updates in your phone and you will be the first to know when it’s out!
Mobility Client Care Rep

Oh I'm not a newbie to all this by any means in that we've been around the block more than a few times in regards to updates and their delays. As for patches, sure they may come from the manufactures yet carriers (in this case Telus) still has to approve, and possibly put their spin on things, before an actual release to the public. I'm sure you are aware of PTCRB Certification requirements for North America. Essentially once they've pass this certification they are up for release.

Anyway all's good now as our P20 received it's March Patch on the 29th approximately 10 days after our Pro did.

Ps I bookmarked your page. So I’ll watch out for news on it and tell you as soon as we have internal announcement. It’s usually a couple days before it comes out for customers but not always.
Mobility Client Care Rep