Galaxy S7 Nougat update for Telus??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Charrion
Connector
I suspect the software is somehow tied in with the CSC. I too got impatient and switched my CSC to Bell and got the OTA. It had the Bell apps installed and as when I used the *#272*IMEI# trick to reset to TLS it rebooted and had the Telus apps.
Charrion
Connector
I followed the CSC switch trick to spoof a Bell phone and downloaded their OTA directly and then switched back to Telus. No Knox trip and a totally legit update.

I’d give one caveat that I wasn’t aware of. The CSC switch will wipe your phone so be prepared to reinstall your apps.
lalondan
Neighbour

I just wanted to warn a user who admittedly didn't know what he was doing about the risks. But I'm glad it worked out for you guys! Smiley Happy

That said I'm a little off on certain details about build numbers and model numbers. See, even if model numbers match (SM-G930W8) the build number and CSC do not. 

Bell's PDA is G930W8VLU2BQB6 and its CSC is G930W8OYA2BQB6 whereas Telus' PDA is G930W8VLU2APK3 and its CSC is G930W8OYA2APK3. I don't know if this could cause an issue with the device.

Also, once you've updated to the Bell version, will you have to switch to Bell for each update?

Shawn22
Neighbour

Just go to Samsmobile sign up for an account go to firmware and search, i have bell 7.0 running on my s7 edge make sure to use samsung switch and do a backup then odin3 make sure to use odin3_v3.12.5,

do not waste your time with telus as soon as my contract is up see yea im heading over to bell as they seem to up to date on the roll outs 

so you just lost a 24years of loyal service telus see ya. 

CDH
Resident

Yep time to switch companies for sure. Looking at Bell Plans had a phone with them and never had this much trouble getting an answer from a company. Telus does not have a ounce of respect for its customers, still no update date while the rest of the companies have rolled it out or have a date.  

Mr_ALLroy
Neighbour

I too will be switching to bell or someone else when my contract is over.  And I probably will be looking at the google phones and getting rid of samsung and its bloatware.  

WestM
Resident
The update is available now. My Telus S7 just completed the Nouget 7.0 update at 1000 mountian time.
lalondan
Neighbour

Yup me too! It's updating as I'm typing!

Shawn22
Neighbour
Pretty sad telus
lalondan
Neighbour

Why is it sad? We're getting it at the same time as Rogers.

Pop
Connector

The communication with the costumers are sad. The update schedule on a web is sad. I think this is what he was referring.

Highlighted
BeReal
Connector

After upgrading the S7 edge to the Nougat 7.0. 

Do you guys still have the tethering icon for the quick setting?  Mine is missing. 

I can't find any way to add it there, can only do it the hard way, settings->connections->Mobile hotspot and tethering

NIABOC
Connector
Samsung removed system ui tuner so you cannot add a quick icon you have to do it the long way
Lola
Rockstar

Wow, if the delivery speed of a software update is the main qualifier to your choice of service provider, you have super-low standards and you'll fit better with Bell or Rogers. Telus won't miss you. 

Charrion
Connector
Well, considering that includes the frequency with which they release security updates (nothing between November and March); yeah, it's a pretty big deal for since people and businesses. They're not just toys for sending **bleep** pics.
Lola
Rockstar

I use my devices for business. I'm not bothered. My devices are secure. OS updates are not the only way to secure your devices.

Then I forgot to add: when actual security is at risk, as with Stagefright, Samsung and Telus get patches out very quickly. Security updates in OS upgrades are not of paramount importance.

NIABOC
Connector
Go to Google play store and download the app power toggles this will give you all the options you want including data on off or hotspot etc
carr0498
Friendly Neighbour
to restore data toggle and hotspotfrom your quick panel on nougat, follow these steps - https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/mobile-data-toggle-t3335979