cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Telus support One Plus devices

serge73
Just Moved In

Thinking of getting the one plus 7 pro and i don't know of anyone with these devices in Canada. Thanks All.

42 REPLIES 42

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can check the support documents here, or the Article here for more info.

You can also look at willmyphonework.com as well. Previous North American versions of  OnePlus phones do work on the Telus network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Syaoran
Rockstar
They work and include just about all of the bands needed for Canadian carriers. WiFi Calling will more than likely not work though but VoLTE will work fine.

Samuelnav
Just Moved In

Actually it will depend what frequency bands the device can handles, usually the 4G LTE and  LTE Advance which are the provide by TELUS, they will support phones with  2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 700 MHz, 850 MHz, as far the device you purchasing handles this frequencies, I don't see why the device should not work with TELUS networks, however the device wont be available to purchase with any Canadian phone company as far as I know. 

I know what the device can use, hence what I said.  The US/Canadian Internation firmware and the T-Mobile US firmware both contain the same radio configuration.  

HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100

LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 41(2500), 46, 48, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) - North America

The International firmware, 9.5.7, has fixed a few major issues with the camera.  It still isn't anywhere near the DXO mark their prototype with different hardware claims, but it is a lit better than it was at launch.  The WiFi to cellular hand off has also been fixed to not require a reboot to hand off from WiFi Calling to cellular and back.  The ghost touch issue within certain apps is more of a hardware issue.  If anyone runs into that, return their device for a replacement.  If your device powers off after heavy use and won't turn back on.  You will need to hold the volume up and volume down and plug it in via USB to enter EDL mode and reflash the device.  There still isn't an explanation for this issue, but it does seem to be common enough to mention.  

Here is a screenshot from my T-Mobile purchased GM1915 that has been converted to the dual-SIM GM1917 firmware.  VoLTE works perfectly on Telus!  9.5.8 is the latest firmware available, which I received via OTA last night for the GM1917 firmware.  The cameras are still very disappointing but everything else about this device is fantastic!

Screenshot_20190619-151331.jpg

Hi also have the OnePlus 7 Pro and recently switched to Telus. I have the 9.5.7 GM21AA and I can't seem to have Wi-Fi calling or even Vo-LTE to work on this network. Did you have to change any settings or force provision of Vo-WIFI or Vo-LTE? Thanks for you help! 

VoLTE works fine. Is your APN set correctly? There is also a 9.5.8 update available but it is being released in waves.
You might want to manually check for updates and install that when your device is able to receive it.

WiFii Calling is a different mess though. Telus restricts WiFi Calling to specific devices sold by Telus. According to a member over at XDA, OnePlus isn't interested in providing a better experience for Canadian's until Canadian carriers sell OnePlus devices.

I do plan on seeing what I can do to try and work around that by asking support to lock in the device I am using as my LG V30 from Telus so the network detection doesn't change the device on file as being in use. Telus though, also doesn't use the stock method of WiFi Calling, which will probably complicate getting it working. WiFi Calling should work fine on Freedom Mobile though. Their network and feature implementation is extremely close to what T-Mobile USA uses.

I just realized I had 4G and 4G+ only and never LTE. I'll try to update the phone and also double check the APN settings. Screenshot_20190620-201609.jpg

I can't seem to be able to change or even add APN settings. And what network is yours checked on? I have TD-SCDMA/CDMA/UMTS (I used #*#*4636#*#* > phone information ) Screenshot_20190620-204454.jpgScreenshot_20190620-204537.jpgScreenshot_20190620-204447.jpg

4G and 4G+ are LTE and LTE-A. You should still see one or the other when on a voice call, which means the device is using VoLTE.

My APN settings are the same as yours, I'm guessing,  I selected the Telus APN.  Try switching your APN by selecting a different one, then switching back.  The VoLTE icon I have is fugly and massive!  Maybe that is something in 9.5.8.  The T-Mobile VoLTE icon was so much nicer and smaller.  

Unfortunately it goes to H+ when I make calls, so it's not using VOLTE, and I don't even see it in the SIM settings where it's supposed to be.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You have the international model of the phone. I wonder if it's configuration is slightly different than the T-Mobile firmware @Syaoran mentioned?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Although I purchased the T-Mobile GM1915, I flashed it to the Global/US GM1917 firmware. Like most devices made recently, the hardware is the same. Only the firmware differenciates the devices other than the GM1920, which has the X50 5G modem in it.

It should be under Settings, WiFi & Internet, SIM & Network, SIM 1 (in my case), and listed there under Enhanced Communications.

It doesn't show anything because it seems the phone says IMS Status is as not registered. Screenshot_20190622-220147.jpg

Also noticed that IMS services not registered with Telus. Not sure if IMEI needs to be whitelisted. Screenshot_20190624-094323.jpg

It can't hurt to try whitelisting it.  I swap out devices very regularly though.  My Mi MIX 3 works fine with VoLTE as well.  Do you have the 9.5.8 firmware on your device yet?  There should also be another update coming in the next couple of weeks for the GM1917 firmware.  

Yea, I got the 9.5.8 Update and also tried the tips to get VoLTE with *#800# I now see them in the options, but they don't do anything. When I make a call, I jump from  4G+ to H+, so not staying on LTE. I also tried switching my telephony profile with PDC by choose the TMO (T-Mobile) profile, but still no luck with that. I guess I'll have to ask Telus to whitelist the device, my only option left. 

By the way, thanks a lot for your help! Really appreciate it 🙂