cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Telus support One Plus devices

serge73
Just Moved In

Thinking of getting the one plus 7 pro and i don't know of anyone with these devices in Canada. Thanks All.

42 REPLIES 42

Anytime!  

A friend of mine just picked got hers.  I'm not too sure what provider she is with but I will probably meet up with her over the long weekend.  She ordered the GM1917 from OnePlus directly.  It should be interesting to directly compare my GM1915 from T-Mobile that I converted to dual-SIM GM1917.  When looking at my Telus account, it still shows the LG V30 for me even though I am using the OnePlus 7 Pro.  The V30 was purchased from Telus and I went through a lot of troubleshooting with that device and high up in the Telus tech support to get that WiFi Calling working before the device actually got the update.  I haven't bothered to try the WiFi Calling but will make a point of it over the weekend.  

VoLTE works now! Called Telus again and the support technician was able to make it work by changing some settings on his end. I now see the VoLTE icon and my calls stay on 4G+. We tried to make WiFi calling work but no luck with that.

MajorKey
Friendly Neighbour

Do you know what the technician did on their end to get it to work?

I have been on call with Telus for about 2-3 hours today trying to enable VoLTE but they seem to be saying its just not possible. I asked them to register my IMS settings but they said they can't and I also had them check my account details to verify that my IMEI and SOC is correct, still no luck. I seem to be running out of options and patience. I have the fully unlocked One Plus 7 Pro purchased directly from the One Plus site. 

When you check your phone info is your IMS registered now? 

Thanks

I asked what he did but he didn't really tell me. If it could help, I called this number, the technicians here seem to be knowledgeable: 1-844-888-4440 I'm on a corporate plan but I'm sure you can get through a technician there. And yes my device does show as IMS REGISTERED for VOLTE only.

MajorKey
Friendly Neighbour
Great. Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be giving that number a try.

It should be a matter of your number being provisioned for VoLTE.  Telus doesn't restrict this like they do their WiFi Calling.  Ask them to enable VoLTE on your account.  Your SIM might require an update but they should tell you that when they provision it.  

MajorKey
Friendly Neighbour
I spent many hours on the phone with Telus and they were unable to find a solution. I had volte removed and re-added to the account but still no luck. When I try with other Telus branded devices it seems to work fine so I don't think it's a sim issue. After all option were exhausted my IMS still shows as not registered so I am not sure what I could even ask Telus to modify anymore on their end to enable it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll try to call Telus today and ask for the name of the rep that helped me (I'm sure they document this in the call logs?) if I do get the name, I'll get back to you, maybe you'll be able to contact him.

MajorKey
Friendly Neighbour
That would be great!!

Also, I really appreciate the help. Thanks

Before I call Telus, I wanted to check with you, did you force Enable VOLTE by opening the dialer: *#800# --> oneplus Logkit --> Function Switch --> enable VoLTE + VoWifi switch

If you don't see VoLTE or Vo Wifi Switch, install this apk first on your OP 7 Pro (which I did 😞
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79577939&postcount=23 

And then enable VoLTE + VoWifi switch

Let me know if that gives you the options of VoLTE in the SIM 1 or 2 Options and then you can ask Telus to register your device into IMS. 

MajorKey
Friendly Neighbour
So I have the switches enabled but everytime I call Telus they say that they aren't sure what IMS is or that it just can't be registered. The tech support seems to be lost.

Ask them to speak to a support representative inside of Canada.  The outsourced agents are completely useless!  

For those that are still having issues, I've gotten multiple phones working through Telus VoLTE. For ones that weren't directly purchased through Telus/Koodo, I needed to contact Telus support and make sure to speak to a tech support engineer that had access to add phones to the VoLTE grey/whitelist. They are the only ones who can do so, and you need to be persistent with the level one tech with the fact that your like to get transferred to them. Easiest way is to just mention that you've gone through this process in the past and just need to speak to the engineer level.

They will ask you to do a combination of reset your carrier settings, and rebooting your phone a few times before it starts to work. For anyone that says to mess with APN settings or IMS registration, they probably aren't the level of support you want to waste your time with

Can anyone let me know any easy way of getting them to add voLTE on my account... just spend an hour talking to the business department technical support. 

They would not transfer me to level 2 techs and just transferred me to a manager who told me the same verbatim about not compatible (then i tell her I have all the bands so dont insult my intelligence)... then oh we don't guarantee lte services on if ur phone is outside of canada... 

agh this is frustrating ... 

You have to purchase the 7 Pro directly from OnePlus Canada.  Just heard a bunch of stuff about unsupported phones not working on the  network. Wanted to be absolutely sure before making the purchase.  Normally I would upgrade to the newest Samsung through Telus but the 7 Pro looks like it may be a cheaper and more exciting alternative.

@Samuelnav wrote:

Actually it will depend what frequency bands the device can handles, usually the 4G LTE and  LTE Advance which are the provide by TELUS, they will support phones with  2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 700 MHz, 850 MHz, as far the device you purchasing handles this frequencies, I don't see why the device should not work with TELUS networks, however the device wont be available to purchase with any Canadian phone company as far as I know. 

It has nothing to do with purchasing it from OnePlus Canada.  OnePlus is a Chinese company.  The firmware that comes on the devices sold to North America directly from OnePlus is the International-US firmware (GM1917).  All of the OnePlus 7 Pro's are the same hardware with the exception of the 5G model sold by EE (GM1920).  It has the X50 5G modem in it, which the rest do not have.  It's a separate modem though so the rest of the device is the same.  That 5G modem requires the right firmware to run though.  

I have tried quite a bit to get the VoWiFi working on Telus, with no success.  It was definitely worth the effort to try though but I have exhausted everything I can think of without resorting to flashing the EU firmware, which has some more versatile WiFi Calling provisioning settings.  

Syaoran
Rockstar

I am going to be a little bit of a arse here towards Telus!  WiFi Calling for Telus works on these devices.  What I had to go through to get that to work, Telus clearly doesn't want to do for users and it is purely on the backend and nothing to do with the device itself.  Screenshot_20200214-223027.jpg

How did you do this exactly? It is somehow only provider supporting VoLTE and VoWifi for oneplus phones. Koodo uses the Telus network, but I don't know whether Volte and Vowifi works on its network as well. 

I would love to know how people got TELUS to enable VoLTE and WiFi calling on their OnePlus 6 or 8. I very poor 3G (HSPA/UMTS) reception at my house, but great LTE reception. Every time I try to make a call it drops, because it tries to switch to 3G!

On Wednesday I spent four hours on the phone (a significant portion of this on hold) trying to get an agent to enable VoLTE calling. They claim it's enabled in billing, but refuse to whitelist my ISM/IMEI (?). I requested an escalation, but I haven't heard anything yet. Because it's a "greymarket" device, they claim even if they whitelist it it will revert and stop working.

VoLTE and WiFi calling are enabled under the Enhanced Communication (SIM & Network) settings. I tried it on both a OnePlus 6 and 8.

Almost to the point of cancelling service, as it's useless to me and I don't want to fork out money for a carrier branded phone.

I had the same experience trying to enable WiFi calling and VoLTE on my 6T. Settings are enabled on my phone and my account but it's not working. I got the same story about my device being incompatible or not supported. I referenced this thread and they said they were aware that it's working for some people but that it was temporary and might stop working any time.

@Syaoran is your WiFi calling and VoLTE still working?

Just gonna blow the dust off this old thread here and chime in. Recently purchased a OP6T factory sealed, popped in the SIM and got 4G data and H(+) when calling. I have enabled VoLTE through my device, but it hasn't actually ever turned on apparently.

So I know this thread is a little older, but as another user here wrote, it should be as easy as getting a hold of someone capable enough to whitelist my device right?

Gonna try and get through this VoLTE adventure and keep this updated as I go for future reference.
Has anybody else had luck with this yet?

Cheers!