Continuing to have connectivity issues with my Samsung S6

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Good morning.

I am continuing to have connectivity issues with data and signal strength on my Samsung S6 since the update to 5.1.1.  My software is up to date.  I am on version G920W8VLU3BOJ7.  My data is unusable 90% of the time.  My calls often do not connect or drop while in progress, even though it have 3-4 bars of signal strength.  When I brought it in to the store, I was told it was a known issue and to wait for software updates, but nothing has improved.  I see that Marshmallow is not being installed until April.  That will have my phone basically usable as only a WiFi device for 6 months, assuming the Marshmallow upgrade fixes it.  Is there anything more that can be done?

I bought this phone in July, it worked wonderfully for 3 months, and now has been used as a small tablet since October.  I am paying for 3 GB of data, but my usage has dropped from approx. 2 GB per month pre-update to 600 MB per month due to the fact that I cannot connect.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have documented these situations, I would suggest sending it in for warranty repair! Else build some current documentation and then request a repair. A phone that works as you describe is pretty only useful as a doorstop.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Neighbour

I was able to fix the problem by using Smart Switch initialization to completely wipe and reinstall the operating system.  A friend of my husband's felt it may have been due to a corrupt update.  5 days now and no issues.