Android Marshmallow Update

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We've had to revise the target date and only recently learned what the new target will be. Will be updating our schedule shortly Smiley Happy

Mrcorey
Neighbour

So, 2 weeks from today. Hopefully, it will roll out as scheduled, then. I really would like to see 5.0.2 hit the road.

JohnnyK
Helpful Neighbour

Any new updates for Android 6.0.1 for Galaxy note 4? Activesync stopped working after I update my phoneSmiley Sad

mhinc
Advisor

@Nighthawk Apparently you were wrong and should maybe keep your mouth shut and let the MODS actually answer questions you are not sure of.

I get you want to help, but please if you don't know, don't answer.  Your response was 100% incorrect as my Wife is now updated to Marshmallow on her S5 Active.

Again, let the mods do their job, that's who I asked.  Not you

Community Power User
Community Power User
@mhinc
It is not the task of "the mods" to answer questions here; their task is to moderate the discussion occurring. If you feel the opinions and commentary here has little value, you are welcome to discount it. However the members of this community do their best to share their knowledge, which may be tainted with opinion on occasion, but there is no need to attack particular individuals for sharing their knowledge and opinions.

Please keep things civil.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

@mhinc In which way was I incorrect? I said over two months ago, the Active series typically is the last to get the update, and at the time Samsung had not announced the update. The update to Marshmallow happened mere days ago where the other models had it some time ago.

mhinc
Advisor

Nice to see Telus getting Android N out so quick on the Nexus.  Hope the S6 isn't a super long wait this time around.

parabellum
Neighbour

greetings,

sm-a500w.....

marshmallow 6.0.1 available or "nada"?

thanks!

Smiley Happy

Community Power User
Community Power User

Currently it's not appearing on the road map. You can learn more about the cycle here .

Find this post useful? Hit the Like button.
mhinc
Advisor
Your Software Update Life-Cycle states that you release new software 4 weeks to 6 months after release. ANDROID N was released on August 22nd, 2016. Today is February 25th, 2017. Over 6 months, and there's not even a scheduled date! For the Galaxy S6. What's the story. When will we see Android N????
JohnnyK
Helpful Neighbour

I have Galaxy S7 edge and still didn't receive an update, I believe this delay is coming from Samsung Canada not from TELUS 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Just an FYI this is the discussion for the Marshmallow update. Please direct all responses to the existing discussion for the Nougat update.

@mhinc - Samsung hasn't released the update yet. Please watch Samsung Canada's new page or twitter for any announcements. To date Samsung has not hinted at anything but the S7, which also has not yet had the update announced or released in Canada yet.

Highlighted
BeReal
Connector

S7 edge 7.0 updated March 19th