cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL my incoming phone calls go directly to voice mail even after buying a new phone

gbm97
Friendly Neighbour

Hi I have a frustrating problem.

ALL incoming phone calls go directly to my inbox voice mail. The phone does not ring.

This was happening on my much preferred Windows 10 phone and found no resolve for the no ring problem on that phone.

Thinking it was a hardware problem on my Windows 10 phone I purchased a used Samsung S5.

Much to my surprise my new Samsung is not ringing with incoming calls, instead ALL phone all calls are going directly to my voicemail with no ring,

Any ideas?

Bad sim card causing a no ring?

Telus network problem?

I have a new sim card but Telus SWITCH PHONE online is down still and Telus is not answering phones still.

Any help would be so much appreciated! I really need to answer my phone calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gbm97
Friendly Neighbour

UPDATE

On Telus chat support the technician checked the network and come to the conclusion some kind of code was missing which prevented calls from going directly to my phone but going directly to voicemail.

The code was removed due to my pay and talk account feature expiring and not being recharged right away.

His advice was to not allow the expiration of my plan.

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Where did the S5 come from? Which provider was it from originally? Is it unlocked? 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

gbm97
Friendly Neighbour

Hi Nighthawk

I purchased it online, the seller claimed it was locked to Telus  After I reset it to factory I found a Telus feature app preinstalled, so to me that confirmed it was a Telus phone.

My plan is a pre payed plan,

gbm97
Friendly Neighbour

UPDATE

On Telus chat support the technician checked the network and come to the conclusion some kind of code was missing which prevented calls from going directly to my phone but going directly to voicemail.

The code was removed due to my pay and talk account feature expiring and not being recharged right away.

His advice was to not allow the expiration of my plan.

Thanks!!