cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus webmail down yet again

kruisey
Advisor

This is happening all the time why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

this is totally unbelievable...this issue has been going on for so long and it is STILL not resolved...this is NOT acceptable but what can one do other than complain...and even if we do, what will 'they' do...nothing...u know, like they are doing now...

Why don't you just get a Gmail account that never goes down and be done with it?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@El-Eric wrote:

Why don't you just get a Gmail account that never goes down and be done with it?

Some folks have a distaste for the tracking Google does on one's email.

There are many other reasons an individual might have to choose services other than Google. First rule of the internet - if YOU are not paying for it YOU are the product.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Any word on when we get get the service we pay for back?

Hey guys!

Webmail is in fact down. So sorry for the inconvenience!!! It has been down for the last few hours.

Here is the status: 

Issue Details:

Error and latency is experienced within TELUS.net webmail
  • Users are delayed or unable to access their email services

Actions / Updates:

INITIAL - Apr 17, 17:08 ET
  • Issue is isolated to email accounts whose password was just changed
  • Support teams continue to investigate, no ETR

We do not have an ETR but the fact it has been reported is great and we are on it to fix ASAP! Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

I haven't changed my password, so its not just those people who are affected.

I have not changed my password and can't log in .Get an error message to reset my password. Annoying

mines been changed for about 3-4 weeks. so not a new change.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interestingly, accessing mail with a mail client has no problems, so it appears to be just the webmail interface. Those of us using mail clients on our devices do not see a delay.

NFtoBC

The posts claiming this outage is limited to customers who have changed their email or are using Telus webmail are wrong. I have not changed my password and I use Thunderbird as an email client. Yet neither webmail nor Thunderbird is working. It's now 11:30 Wednesday morning, yet this problem was first identified yesterday afternoon. Surely Telus can address a critical fault in their system faster than this...

You've stated that this outage is affecting those who changed their TELUS webmail passwords.  That is incorrect, I can't access my email via webmail, I did NOT change my password. 

I have not changed my password, and have had trouble accessing ALL messages since last night.

@KWSvictoria @Leslie-Jane You’ll have to wait it out or follow the suggestions here. Haven’t had an issue with using a mail client. 

Well I can now login to my TELUS webmail but as soon as I try to open an email I get bounced back to the login panel   Where can I find out more information concerning this outage? 

Hi Leslie, the issue should be resolved now, can you try again and let me know if you're still getting the bounce-back?

EDIT: Issue is ongoing, sorry for the confusion

I'm still having problems.

• try to read a second email, I get logged off
  • try to switch folders, I get logged off
  • Click on a delete email button and I get logged off.

Tai
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Oh, whoops! Very sorry about that, it looks like the issue is ongoing still. I've updated our post at the telus.com/servicestatus page to reflect.

The service outage says use a mail client, but my mail client isn't working either.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@lairdmacwrote:

The service outage says use a mail client, but my mail client isn't working either.

Yes. A recent change since about 9:00 PDT this morning. The Service Outage page is being updated with this new info.

NFtoBC

just tried at public computer in library on vancouver island.webmail page not found.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@NFtoBCwrote:

@lairdmacwrote:

Yes. A recent change since about 9:00 PDT this morning. The Service Outage page is being updated with this new info.

As of 11:20 PDT my email client is working.

NFtoBC