cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Velocity not available in a Pick theme Pack

sandmanbc71
Advisor

I was disappointed to see Discovery Velocity is not available in a regular theme pack. They are playing the Le Mans 24hr and other racing now.

So much for pick and pay - I have about 20 channels in my pick 8 package that I would gladly drop for this one channel now (Fashion TV, Vision, Fox news on and on)

My only option seems to pay an extra 4 bucks for the one channel. So I will just watch it for free online again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s always been an extra channel for $4. I would assume discovery won’t let it be bundled to increase their bottom line. But for a few cups of coffee I don’t mind the added expense. There are a lot of good shows on there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s always been an extra channel for $4. I would assume discovery won’t let it be bundled to increase their bottom line. But for a few cups of coffee I don’t mind the added expense. There are a lot of good shows on there.

I know, it isn't really about the money though. Just the annoying theme packs, still with a bunch of channels I don't want.

Theme packs are listed at $7, I would gladly trade one of my unused theme packs for the $4 Discovery Velocity. Basically, if it were a theme pack of its own I would choose it. 

Eventually pick and pay will be a thing or internet TV will just kill "cable" once and for all. Yes, boo, hoo - middle class problem indeed.

I will quit whining now and go find out where to watch Le Mans on YouTube. 

sandmanbc71
Advisor

Well, I am dragging this topic out again because now that we have Fox Sports Racing, IMSA has been moved to NBC sports. Which means in Canada it is going to be on Discover Velocity of all things. Why it isn't on TSN is beyond me (Bell owns both) but that is not a Telus issue. He is what I sent to "tvfeedback" <[email protected]> today:

I am disappointed that Discovery Velocity is not available in a theme package. It would seem much more appropriate to include Discovery Velocity in the package with Fox Sports Racing (both involving motor sports and all things automotive) than the Ride TV (horses?)
There is very little on Discovery Velocity or Fox Sports racing that I actually watch, but would appreciate it if I could get them together as a theme pack.
I would even consider using up one of my theme packs just to get Discover Velocity alone, but I am not going to pay an additional fee for the odd race I want to watch on this channel.