cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to my gateway or router?

Zakk
Helpful Neighbour

Hi again Im still having internet problems so I thought maybe i could look at the control panel to see what is wrong so I tried and it said could not connect so went and did IPCONFIG in the CMD prompt but it told me my default gateway is 75.156.148.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure your computer is plugged into one of the numbered ethernet ports (1-4) on the back of the T3200M. Not getting a response when pinging a router or gateway is normal and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. 

Once the computer is connected to the numbered ethernet port, check ipconfig for the PCs IP address. Should start with 192.168.1.x. Once you have that IP address you should be able to access the gateway settings by going to http://192.168.1.254. If you had previously bridged port 1, you will need to try port 2 to 4. If still no luck a reset may be required.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Zakk
Helpful Neighbour

I also STILL cannot connect my ps4 or phone to the network

Zakk
Helpful Neighbour

But on my phone it say my IP is 66.222.211.78

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Your IP address should be 192.168.1.xxx

Maybe time for a reset of the router?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Zakk
Helpful Neighbour

You see ive done that about 10+ times now and nothing seems to work im only getting connection on my computer because i have it plugged into the router

Zakk
Helpful Neighbour

I also pinged my Default gate way and it didnt receive any of the packages I sent

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure your computer is plugged into one of the numbered ethernet ports (1-4) on the back of the T3200M. Not getting a response when pinging a router or gateway is normal and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. 

Once the computer is connected to the numbered ethernet port, check ipconfig for the PCs IP address. Should start with 192.168.1.x. Once you have that IP address you should be able to access the gateway settings by going to http://192.168.1.254. If you had previously bridged port 1, you will need to try port 2 to 4. If still no luck a reset may be required.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂