cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to complain about inability to disable DHCP on Telus Wifi Hub?

dsjstc
Just Moved In

I really need to use DNSmasq for local DNS resolution -- I work from home, and need to delegate DNS differently depending on the target domain.  Per this post, the LAN DNS is not working in my wifi hub, so I need to use my own DHCP server.   It sounds like this isn't possible

Where in Telus should I direct a complaint about the Wifi Hub firmware, in order to give it the best chance of being escalated to the manufacturer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering 99.9% of users won't need to be running their own DHCP servers on a residential connection, it likely won't change. If you're on fibre and do not have Optik TV, you could simply swap out Wifi Hub if it's acting as the router and not the fibre terminal.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering 99.9% of users won't need to be running their own DHCP servers on a residential connection, it likely won't change. If you're on fibre and do not have Optik TV, you could simply swap out Wifi Hub if it's acting as the router and not the fibre terminal.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

In the interim, you might need to try a hosts file.  Not optimal, but a possible workaround....