cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail frequently logs me out

srcook
Neighbour

This has been happening for over a year now - I use webmail because I might be accessing my email from 4 or 5 different devices so want it all available from wherever I am. I share most of those devices so don't want to use Outlook or the iPad's mail app as I don't want everyone in the house reading my messages

I can either be composing an email, reading an email or not using the system at all and when I go to do something in the webmail, all of a sudden I am logged out. This is particularly frustrating when I have composed a long message, hit send and discover I am logged out. When the login screen comes up it says "Authentication Required" . I have even tried clicking the "keep me logged in" on one computer but that doesn't help. Like I said, this is happening on at least 4 different devices. At least on my cell phone where I have the mail app set up this doesn't occur

In addition, frequently when I try to open a message I get an "a client error has occurred. Please try again" message and I have to refresh my screen.

This is all very annoying and is making me think of changing to gmail or yahoo or something else.

2 REPLIES 2

Dimo-X

Hi Srcook, do you know how long the time out usually takes? Often times a time out is implemented for security reasons. If you find it is not long enough to compose/reply to emails you can try writing your response in an external application such as notepad, and then paste it into the body of your email response once you re-log in.

Thanks for that, it is really inconsistent, sometimes it can be minutes, other times hours. I have learned to recognize the signs that something isn't right and will often copy the content of the message but I don't always catch it. I log out at least once daily, at work I log out every night then back in come morning. Sometimes within a half hour I am kicked out other times it can be a few hours. I have contacted Telus about it and they are looking into the issue.